Samsung Research America
Title: UX Designer - DHL
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Digital Health Lab
Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung Digital Health Lab at SRA is a product team that designs, implements, and validates user experience for high-profile, consumer electronics product lines and future technologies in the healthcare space. Our work drives the key feature, products, and systems in Samsung’s products and services. Most of our work focuses on mobile and wearable healthcare applications that offer user benefits made possible through collaborative technologies at a global scale worldwide (from TVs to the future of Business and Home & Lifestyle family of digital appliances and services, to mobile and watch sensor systems).
As a UX Designer, you will work with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive and support design work for innovative consumer products. Day-to-day tasks will include user needs analysis, defining information architecture, developing detailed level workflows and wireframes. You must be responsive, organized, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative, peer environment.
- Develop workflows, user task analysis, interaction flows, wireframes, mock-ups, navigational flows, and low fidelity prototypes
- Transform strategic direction into high-quality design output from total systems to individual elements
- Contribute to product strategy discussion and develop concepts aligned with product goals
- Articulate the design thinking with strong rationale, based on market trends and usage data
- Develop high-level creative concepts for projects that refine these concepts into complete, functional design systems
- Define user model and user interface for mobile devices and align them with other devices including televisions, audio devices, and appliances. Focusing on phones and wearables
- Work with Visual and Motion Designers to conceptualize, design, build and extend user experiences
- Build and present design solutions and strategies that bring the user story to life for a wide audience, including cross-functional teams
- Apply the best design aesthetics while meeting timelines and balancing between business needs and customer benefit
- Contribute to Samsung design language and promote design thinking throughout the team by developing and championing guidelines, standards, and user-centered design processes
- Gauge the desirability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change
- Formal academic background in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates systems thinking and core skills across a variety of categories and formats
- Design usable software experiences in an agile, startup-like product development environment
- Proficiency with common design software (Adobe, PPT, Keynote, Sketch, and Figma) for the creation of visual design artifacts and presentations
- Agility in crafting digital sketches/prototypes from lo-fi to hi-fi, to help design thinking process as well as communicate concepts to team members
- Diverse project experience in concept ideation, UI conceptual design & wireframing, design strategy, prototyping, and working across multiple form factors
- Eloquent verbal/written/presentation communication and storytelling skills to articulate design concepts to your team and stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically and translate brand, service, and product requirements into holistic systems that deliver an effective message
- High comfort level working within a self-directed team, navigating ambiguity, and mediating to resolve competing requirements and designs
- Hands-on design experience for consumer electronics devices
- Effective time management skills and ability to balance project schedule with project timelines
- A desire for creating designs that are simple, elegant, and useful as well as aesthetically appealing and useful!
- Mobile and watch design is a plus
- 10ft UI design experience is a plus
- Korean fluency is nice to have, but not required
Come join an award-winning team!
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.