Senior UX researcher
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Founded in 2009 as a simple file-sharing service, WeTransfer has grown into a set of tools designed around the creative process. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform where 50 million people send one billion files every month, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
About the UXR team
We’re interested in the weird and wonderful ways that creative minds work, and how they shape the world around us. Understanding their workflow front to back, exploring the experience from the user’s point of view (as well as our own) is at the heart of what we do. We’ve built simple tools around the creative process that are used by millions of people every day. The user experience has become the foundation for our brand, and the way we look ahead, imagining new ways to enable people to do their best work.
About the WeTransfer product team
The WeTransfer product team is responsible for building on the success of our widely beloved file delivery service used by hundreds of millions of people each year. Our unique business combines a productivity tool with an award-winning advertising platform showcasing highly designed promotional wallpapers developed in-house by a dedicated studio. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting stage of new development as we build the next evolution of our service. The Transfer product is the highest impact product for our business.
What you'll be working on:
You’ll have the opportunity to help shape our product strategy at a critical phase, laying down the foundation for our next chapter of growth. That means helping your PM to translate research findings into strategic decisions, and help bring ideas to life in the best possible way. You are self-driven and comfortable working independently, although backed up by your team and craft members.
You'll be using your talent and experience to help shape our Pro proposition: one subscription where creatives can enjoy the perks of Collect, Paste and Transfer together. That means working closely with Marketing, providing them with the insights that help bring our products together. You feel comfortable relating what you learn to the bigger picture, consolidating findings into new deliverables with a fresh perspective.
You’ll be based in Amsterdam, along with the other members of the UXR team, working closely with your peers and people from many different disciplines, ranging from Analytics to Product Marketing, Product Design, Product Management, and more. Collaboratively, you'll examine what needs to be solved or achieved and build rich and actionable insights that enable the product teams to work towards successful product iterations and launches.
We’d love for you to get in touch if you’re committed to raising the bar creating meaningful products, used by millions of people every day. 🚀
Who we’re looking for:
- A few years of relevant research experience in a digital product organisation. You master different research methodologies and are comfortable doing both qualitative and quantitative research. You know when (not) to apply what type of research.
- You have a degree in psychology, design, HCI, innovation, or a related field.
- You're comfortable doing generative and explorative work, potentially leading up to new opportunities / product-market fit.
- You have a respected point of view on design and user experience. Although your focus is on understanding problems, you have developed a strong sense for what an outstanding user experience entails. You easily spot a mediocre design solution.
- Experience in market research, quantitative research methods and/or data analytics is a big plus.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative, dynamic environment. You are proactive, not afraid to put your foot down when needed and feel comfortable empowering, educating and challenging teams.
- You are a team player and care about the wellbeing of your peers. You enjoy and take pride in mentoring your peers.
- At the same time, your experience has put you into a position where you feel comfortable and confident to lead projects on your own.
- Willingness and ability to have a flexible schedule to work across time zones. WeTransfer is a remote team with members in Amsterdam, New York, Seattle and Los Angeles.
- WeTransfer is part of the creative community and so are you — broadly interested in tech, culture, and the arts.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A few more things about us, written by us:
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can't wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.