Streamlit is an app framework and collaboration hub for building and sharing data-oriented applications.
We’re a collaborative team of technologists who share a common goal to give the data community superpowers that let them project their creativity, intelligence, insights, and influence out into the world. We're funded by Sequoia, GGV, and Gradient, and we're building the future of data and looking for engineers to join our family-friendly and remote-first startup. The team is comprised of folks from a variety of backgrounds with experience at Google, Heroku, Facebook, Carnegie Mellon, and Stanford. And some of us didn't go to school or work anywhere fancy. We don’t really care where you went to school or where you worked before, just that you're excited to help make an amazing experience for building data apps.
We're a values-driven company, who aspire to live our values every single day.
About the position
We're looking for a Product Designer at Streamlit. The perfect candidate is someone who is excited about:
- Designing new UI and visualization primitives that Streamlit users can use as building blocks as they build their data science and machine-learning apps.
- Producing intuitive designs for our cloud-based app-deployment, management, and collaboration solution.
What you'll do
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the product and engineering teams
- Produce user flows, wireframes and high fidelity mockups
- Participate in user research activities such as user interviews, surveys, and usability studies
- Translate research insights into product ideas and solutions
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into elegant design decisions
It's important to us that you have...
- 3+ years of experience in Product design, UI/UX design, or related fields
- A solid portfolio including examples of relevant work
- Experience creating process flows, user flows, prototypes, wireframes and high fidelity mockups for early stage ideas and complex applications.
- Previous experience with user centered design principles and practices, web/mobile standards, typography and color, and web/mobile usability standards
- Ability to explain your work, process, and decisions to engineers and cross-functional stakeholders, and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Ability to reduce complex problems down to the right balance of minimalism, flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
It would be awesome if you also have...
- Knowledge of frontend development, including JS, CSS, React, so you can touch-up a few things directly at the source
- Experience building and evolving design systems
- Experience designing software-as-a-service applications
- Proficiency with Figma, as it's our tool of choice, internally
What we offer
Stock Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Unlimited PTO, Benepass, Commuter Benefits, Work from Home Stipend, Parental Leave.