Wiredscore is on a mission to make the world’s buildings smarter and better connected, enabling a more collaborative, innovative and dynamic future. We do this through our core product WiredScore certification - a digital connectivity rating scheme, and soon through our second product, SmartScore - a smart building rating scheme.
Founded in 2013, WiredScore is backed by renowned investors like Fifth Wall, Bessemer Venture Partners, some of the world’s most forward looking landlords and has hubs in New York, London, Paris and Berlin.
About the Role
This is a full-time position based in NYC, reporting to our Head of Business Solutions.
Our Product and Business Solutions team are expanding our product suite to meet the needs of our customers and our rapidly growing business. Our team is organized by product certification across WiredScore and SmartScore, across both commercial and residential, plus an emerging expansion of our Tenant Products. WiredScore has both Commercial and Residential extensions and we are constantly evaluating entry into other verticals.
Powering all of these is the WiredScore Platform, a bespoke software solution that enables our team to create certifications efficiently. With users across the business and integration into our core Salesforce instance, the WiredScore Platform is integral to how we work effectively and scale the company.
This unique software platform will ultimately enable our clients to derive meaningful insights from our data, plus access their certifications, monitor progress and download reports and documentation. We’re looking to add a User Experience Designer to own the look and feel of the system, ensuring the platform is optimised for both internal and external users, enabling them to achieve their outcomes with the minimum of friction.
- Work alongside the Product Manager to define requirements of the User Interface and convert these into user stories for development.
- Alongside Front End developers, ensure our platform utilises recognised and industry standard functionality, whilst leveraging new and emerging technologies to optimise the flow.
- Become an advocate for design around the business, working alongside all internal stakeholders to understand their needs and reflect these in our software choices.
- Utilising modern UX wireframing and prototyping tools, create working models of the User Interface to demonstrate to stakeholders ahead of development, and gather feedback on these to optimise before passing to development.
- Ensure all design choices and platform developments are in line with WiredScore company brand guidelines.
- Ensure our web based platform and user app are coordinated and share a common design framework.
- Work closely with the Global Marketing team to align our website and workflow systems, feeding into broader design decisions as necessary and assisting with global marketing collateral if and when required.
- Coordinate and manage user feedback sessions to allow real world users to operate our platform and garner qualitative feedback to optimise the flow.
- Working alongside our Certification Product team, iterate and improve upon our existing deliverables and documentation provided to clients
- This includes PDF design and automation, with the ultimate goal of delivering these products through a bespoke UI.
- Also utilise software systems to collate and report upon usage ‘in the wild’ to gather quantitative data that can inform future design decisions.
You are a great fit for this role if you have some or all of the following:
- You have more than 4 years’ experience in User Experience Design in a software environment.
- You’ve worked extensively with UX tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, Balasmiq, Adobe XD.
- You have worked in Agile / Scrum software development teams.
- You know the difference between UI and UX, and are an expert in both.
- You have worked across both app and web based platforms.
- You have a great eye for detail, and a keen sense for solid usable design.
- You are empathetic and can understand internal user and client needs.
- You can create a great wireframe or prototype that meets the requirements, and ultimately convert this into development ready user stories.
If you have these that’s a bonus too:
- You have experience in real estate, proptech, and building certifications.
- You have worked with integrated products and APIs.
What we offer:
- Unlimited holiday
- Competitive paid parental leave as well as support for new parents and those returning to work
- Annual week-long company retreat
- A fun and dynamic work environment, with regular team social events and birthday & work anniversary celebrations
- Professional development programme which includes a US$1,000 annual budget per employee as well as internal training
Diversity & Inclusion
WiredScore celebrates and supports diversity for the benefit of our employees, our business, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a workplace which thrives on the diversity and inclusion of everyone in the team.
We are eager to hear from a diverse range of candidates. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please discuss this with us.
Disabilities are not a barrier to employment at WiredScore.