Principal UX Designer
Do you want to know why Lendio is an awesome place to work? It’s people like you.
As a company that puts a massive emphasis on work culture and community, we’re always looking for talented, dedicated, and good-spirited individuals to fill our open roles. When you work with us, you’ll find that we’re inclusive, we lift each other up, and try to have fun—even when we’re being professional. That combination, along with our desire to help small business owners find easy access to capital, is probably why we rank as one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. When we say we care about people and their success, we actually mean it.
We’re a new business unit—think internal startup bolstered by an early-stage acquisition. We enjoy the backing of Lendio and share a few resources, but we behave like a startup with high autonomy and a mission to find product-market fit for a new line of products for lenders. We wear multiple hats and do what it takes to get the job done.
We are looking for a Senior to Principal UX Designer to help us launch a new suite of software products for lenders. We need an individual contributor who’s ready to discover, design, and test solutions to unmet needs.
You’ll have direct access to lenders to conduct user research. You’ll be our first UX hire in this Business Unit, working closely with our Head of Product, a dedicated Product Manager, and a small team of engineers. You’ll report to our director of UX and have access to your peers from other Lendio business units to upskill your craft and seek independent feedback. You’ll lead the design of several new products and help to grow a team of designers over time, with expectations of moving into a manager role as the team grows.
Our product design culture
- Entrepreneurs: Self-motivated, learners, problem solvers, and business analysts
- Empathizers: Able to relate and speak to business and end-user needs (ROI of design)
- Storytellers: Create alignment with stakeholders by telling compelling user stories
- Visionaries: Start with the end in mind as we build toward a shared product vision
- Conduct and document qualitative research and data analysis
- Create user flows/stories, wireframes, and prototypes for a variety of products and interfaces
- Rapidly iterate designs by testing with users to validate assumptions
- Create the design system for our new suite of products
- Deliver fully-specced mocks with supporting documentation to development
- Develop and maintain the user experience
- Coach other UX designers (soon to be hired)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly collaborative and eager to engage with others
- Portfolio demonstrating a solid understanding of UX design principles
- 7+ years of user experience design, preferably working in cross-functional teams (PM, UX, DEV)
- At least 3 years of experience in B2B software
- A strong understanding of user research and human experience design
- Experience building and maintaining design systems (Preferred)
- Experience coaching UX designers (Preferred)
- Experience conducting user testing
- Be part of a high performing, collaborative team and have fun at work each day
- Competitive pay
- A full suite of traditional benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k with company match and immediate vesting
- Company-contributed HSA
- Onsite gym and standing desks
- Wellness program