UX Design Lead
Ironclad Technology Services
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad is actively looking for a UX Design Lead to support development of mission critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities for intelligence mission. As part of the Product Design team, the UX Design Lead will work closely with application and model development teams to lead design of intuitive interface including UIs, APIs and Machine Learning (ML) models. The UX Design lead will standardize the design process and coach UX engineers and applications teams to consistently adopt and produce scalable product designs.
- Leads the design of intuitive user interfaces for enterprise web-based applications to provide best end-user experiences for intel analysts
- Develop, document and standardize UX design process and practices customized for intel mission
- Lead high-level design sessions with government Product Owners, Intel Analysts and end users and produce user journey maps, data flows and storyboards
- Supports development of epics and user stories, groom product backlog and develop product roadmap
- Develops and initiates processes for the collection and dissemination of user research, concept testing, usability testing and quantitative analysis to make highly complex and technical design recommendations with broad impact
- Train and coach UX engineers and application development teams on design best practices
- Review UX artifacts, provide feedback and help improve quality of overall product design
- Build and curate design library of UX artifacts and design prototypes
- Standardize usage of UX tools and promote adoption of best practices
- Acts as an advocate for the end user across multiple cross-functional teams.
- Derive usability metrics and use data to drive and prioritize product design improvements
- US Citizens with active TS/SCI
- 6+ years’ experience as UX engineer with track record of designing intuitive web applications
- 2+ years’ experience as UX Design Lead supporting large application development initiatives
- Demonstrated experience analyzing end-users concerns and developing UX artifacts including wireframes and user journey maps
- Proficient in visual design and wireframing tools such as adobe, InVision, Axure or Sketch
- Experience working with end-users to facilitate UX workshops and conduct usability testing
- Experience developing flow diagrams, graphic designs, storyboards and site maps
- Professional written and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with visual design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
- Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Product Design and similar
- Experience designing impactful web applications for intel missions
- Experience working in multi-domain classified environments involving low-side development and high-side deployment
- Master’s degree in HCI, Product Design and similar
- Remains in a sitting/stationary position continually or almost continually during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.