Senior UX/UI Product Designer
Are you obsessed with improving digital product experiences? Can you take a digital product idea and know exactly how to improve it for aesthetic appeal and user experience? Are you a relentless cheerleader for the user? Is “active listening” your middle name? Are you comfortable speaking candidly and challenging assumptions with respect and grace?
Then you might be exactly who we’ve been looking for!
Tallwave is need of an experienced Senior UX/UI Product Designer who is a confident, creative, and proven collaborator and who believes flexibility, adaptability, and creativity are key to success. The ideal Senior UX/UI Product Designer is all these things and can articulate the value of a feature or interaction to engineers, designers, and clients with equal effectiveness.
So, if you believe you can back up your words with actions and create something amazing, keep reading…
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with clients, translating business and user requirements into meaningful interactive and brand experiences .
- Move between developing strategy and carrying out the tactical execution seamlessly.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product releases.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Participate in design critiques, presenting your work with variations and rationale, as well as feedback for others.
- Participate & conceptualize at a high level about product strategy and vision — not just visual ideas but what should we build and why.
- You will help manage client relationships within the context of the product design process, such as leading workshops and design reviews.
- Design simple and elegant design approaches for complex problems.
- Define design strategies and solutions for products and brands.
- Dive into the details — always with the bigger picture in mind.
- Mentor other members of the team, leading by example in craftsmanship, accountability, and behavior for the other members of the design team and Tallwave as a whole.
- Ability to implement and leverage a variety of user experience analytics metrics in order to analyze and improve the overall user experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Be able to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Keep an active dialogue with the team about new design trends and industry tools.
- Lead projects end to end, guiding the team on day-to-day and overall strategy.
- Produce great work with little oversight.
- Demonstrate great people and communication skills.
- Have relentlessly high standards for design excellence within a fast-paced environment.
- Be accountable to your customers and your teammates.
- Use a design-thinking approach to affect decisions on a higher level, solve business problems, and create business opportunities.
- Develop and enforce user experience design, interface design, and branding best practices.
- Create and improve workflows and processes.
- There is no specific number of the required years of experience, but an average candidate will have at least 8 years of experience in the industry.
- Expert level with tools (Sketch, Abstract, InVision, HTML, et al.).
- Familiarity working with other designers and dev teams.
- Agency experience is extremely helpful.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic agency environment.
- Desire and ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team.
- Solid foundation in the principles of UI.
- A design related degree from a university is cool, but not mandatory.
The culture and perks of being a Tallwaver:
- We embrace a maverick attitude. We’re willing to challenge convention and think beyond the ask.
- We are committed to relentless pursuit. We’re curious with a focus on personal growth.
- We value selfless teamwork, demonstrating strong leadership qualities with a knack for collaboration.
- We are thoughtfully rigorous, have a strong work ethic and have strong attention to details.
- An environment that fosters empathy and compassion for each other and our clients.
- A diverse (and competitive, and hilarious, and sometimes a little crazy) group of coworkers. You know, the kind you actually want to grab a drink with after work.
- Career growth and opportunity. We grow leaders here.
- We recognize the contributions of individuals and teams throughout Tallwave and we stop to celebrate through Happy hours, on-the-fly high fives, core-values-based awards during our All Hands Meetings, and Tallwave anniversary awards, to name a few.
- Catered “Lunch & Discuss” sessions, and formal training sessions focused on continuous learning and growth as a team.
- We offer comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k) plans.
- Concierge-booked Tallwave Work Anniversary experiences.
- We provide employer-paid short-term disability and long-term disability plans and life insurance.
- We’re more concerned about how we work than where we work. We offer remote work and office hours flexibility as needed.
- We trust our team -- we have a generous PTO policy. Seriously, did you read about it yet? It’s kind of amazing!
- We are surrounded by badass talent and clients -- our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Wired, Product Hunt, and more.
- We are featured on the 2020 INC Best Workplaces List, the 2020 Phoenix Business Journal Best Places to Work List, and the 2021 AZ Central Top Workplaces List.
This job may require sitting for long periods of time, and minimal (if any) lifting. Travel may be required.
Tallwave is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employees are required to wear a mask except when at their desk or in a conference room by themselves with the door closed. Physical distancing is in effect.