Apply for this job
At Cleo, we make a real impact by doing work that matters: helping families be their best at home and at work.
Cleo is the leading family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare system leaves off. We combine the expertise of our team of Guides and Specialists—parent and maternity coaches, doulas, lactation consultants, sleep experts, and more—with a powerful technology platform that helps every working parent succeed as they grow both their families and their careers.
Cleo is offered by over 100 leading employers, including global Fortune 500 leaders and industry innovators like Salesforce, PepsiCo, The Learning Care Group, and Pinterest. With $81M raised from top investors including NEA, Greylock, and Transformation Capital, we’re expanding our offerings and our team to meet the growing demand of employers, parents, and the healthcare sector. Now we're looking for experienced and passionate team members like you to join us.
Title: UX Researcher
We believe building the best products that scale requires a deep understanding of the voice of customers. Hence, UX research practice is so critical to our Product Team.
We’re looking for a mission-driven and passionate UX researcher to join our team. In this role, through qualitative and quantitative research methods, you will help Cleo identify opportunities to bring additional values to its members and clients. Your research results and insights will help us define new products and make our existing products and services better.
This role reports to the VP of Product.
- Design and conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, surveys, concept testing, usability testing, and any other methods you find impactful
- Review, analyze, and communicate mixed methods data to generate tactical and strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations which drive product innovation and design improvements for users
- Work with cross-functional partners on product direction based on research findings
- Able to follow-up with partners about implementation to understand how findings are being used
- Find creative and compelling ways to generate, present, and evangelize results and recommendations throughout the company, in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization
- Identifies and prioritizes research projects requested by partners on research roadmap, and actively prioritize high impact research
- Uses knowledge of user needs to create empathy for users and build common ground with appropriate stakeholders
To be successful in this role you may have:
- Experience conducting research, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Ability to research the end-to-end user experience
- Interest in partnering with teammates to increase understanding of user research
- Excellent story-telling abilities and facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functionally in order to engage stakeholders from across the organization
- Willingness to take initiative, run with projects, and speak up when support and guidance is needed
- An eagerness to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working in health tech and/or human centric (operational) businesses
We don’t believe in perfection – we believe in passion, interest, and will – so don’t let a lack of experience or skill in one area listed above deter you from applying.
Cleo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.