Trust & Will
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Hi, we’re Trust & Will. We’re making estate planning simple, affordable, and accessible with a design-first approach and amazing customer support. Since launching in 2017, we have hundreds of thousands of happy customers using our complete suite of products nationwide. We’re backed by some of the leading names in venture capital who all believe in our mission to provide families a better way to plan for the future.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced UX Designer to work directly with our Product team on transforming the world of estate planning.
You have 3+ years of UX design experience. You care as much about the way something works as the way it's implemented into code to create an elegant and seamless user interface and experience. You want to work with a talented and driven team who pushes you to improve your craft and make a meaningful impact with your work.
You’ve worked in multi-disciplinary product teams, working and alongside other designers and developers; ideally, this would be in the form of another digital product at scale. You’re open to sharing knowledge and improving our standards and team processes, be it through design reviews, user interviews, or other methods. You love to use tests and data to justify your product decisions and can understand requirements to help define what needs to be done to get the results that are needed.
- Work directly with designers and engineers to design and implement new features
- Collaborate with our data analytics team to understand and measure the impact of new and existing features
- Find and address UX issues with data driven solutions
- Participate in product roadmapping and feature discussions
- Assist in building new features and products as part of cross-functional teams, ensuring that our brand standards are upheld and design patterns are adhered to
- Improve existing features, keeping them in line with best practices and new technologies
- Propose and determine new uses of technology and tools to improve UX and solve problems with an understanding of how the technology works and will integrate into the product
- Gain an understanding of our business, our customers, and our domain, allowing you to use your judgment to make independent decisions
- Improve research and user testing practices as a key step in the design process
- Share your knowledge/experience/interests with the team - be it through design commentary, UX reviews, etc.
- Learn new skills and techniques that improve your own work as well as the rest of the teams
- Help shape the future of product design at Trust & Will, highlighting areas we can improve, sharing ideas and helping in hiring new team members
- 3+ years working on world-class consumer experiences across mobile and web
- Experience working in and collaborating with cross functional teams in design, engineering, and data science
- Experience working with a consumer web application
- Experience in establishing research plans and running user testing sessions
- Ability to understand and cultivate customer insights through extensive research methodologies
- Comfortable working with Google Analytics, Heap, Tableau, and other modern data analytics tools
- Experience working with data science teams to pull key insights from data findings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills paired with a data-informed mindset
- Self-aware with a strong desire to learn and continuously improve
Bonus Points For
- Research background
- Ability to create lightweight, rapid prototypes
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible time off
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Home office set up allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Parental leave
- Professional development support
- Work alongside the founding team and help shape the future of the company while transforming an entire industry
Even though we are a remote team, we would prefer to hear from candidates who are located in the US. All interviews will be conducted remotely. All new and existing Trust & Willers will continue to work remotely for the foreseeable future as we transition to a remote-first team.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Trust & Will's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.