UX Team Lead
Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who you are:
Geotab is always looking for amazing people who are passionate about building products customers love. We are seeking a UX Team Lead to assist with the day-to-day operation, coaching, and mentorship of various Product Designers leveraging expert knowledge in user experience principles. This position will play a key cross-functional role between product and development in researching, building, iterating, and improving the design and experience for end users across various applications. You are highly organized and are able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. Also a strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization. If you love technology, and are keen to join a data driven company — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a UX Team Lead, you will also play a key role in making decisions that inform our product roadmap, influence future product strategy, and drive Geotab’s UX culture. A UX Team Lead is someone with a passion for building great teams that help build both our product and our brand. This is a highly cross-functional role that requires strong partnerships with our Product Management and Development peers to conceive and execute a strategy that successfully takes Geotab suite of products to the next level. You’ll lead a team of talented product designers responsible for crafting compelling experiences for Geotab.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Direct user experience projects; lead research, ideation, and creation of our application interactions.
- Manage team with regards to task assignments, work arrangements and other User Experience Department expectations.
- Ensure work progress stays on schedule and update stakeholders on project status.
- Collaborate with peers in Product Management and Development to define a strategic vision for what we build, keeping focus on solving user/customer problems and opportunities.
- Provide expert project-leadership and guidance to the team as a SME.
- Oversee the activities and performance of direct reports and engage in the development of the team by coaching, providing feedback, identifying areas of growth and training opportunities.
- Provide direction, coaching and mentorship to the team.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma Specialization in Design, HCI, User Experience, Research Psychology, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 5-8 years experience in Product Design with Deep knowledge of product design, including common interaction patterns used and associated trade-offs, and best practices for responsive web applications.
- Experience collaborating closely with product management, engineering, and research.
- Proficiency in UI design and using tools like Figma, Sketch, InVision, Principle, etc.
- Ability to lead all aspects of the user-centred design process from conception to completion.
- Leadership experience in a team-oriented workplace and proven success with coaching and development of employees.
- Strong project management skills; able to identify needs, develop effective solutions and manage projects through to completion.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve to well-judged decisions.
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.