Senior UX Designer
Location: Reports to Santa Clara, CA but this role is fully remote for anyone residing in UK
You are a UX Designer creating simple, compelling experiences that delight users and result in increased revenue, customer satisfaction, and adoption through improved user experiences. You enjoy delighting users, simplifying complex workflows, advocating for UX and accessibility, and communicating designs and their nuances to engineers and stakeholders.
The two current pressing needs our team has in terms of UX Designer skills is in the database and business marketing/business results space. We want to improve conversion through the 'sign up, try, buy' workflow. Your ability to simply translate the 'why care' message to the customer and help customers to understand how Couchbase database works will be important. If you are a UX Designer with either prior database domain experience or business marketing/business results/digital education/visual marketing experience, we want to talk with you!
Here's a brief look at what success looks like in this role:
*In 3 months time- you'll have collaborated with the team to design and build a material contribution such as a new feature and have become fully versed in Couchbase Server and Cloud products and understand these offerings completely.
*In 6 months time- you'll understand and be able to design the needs of stakeholders and effectively collaborate with and communicate designs and their nuance to engineering to develop a cadence of on-time delivery without cutting corners.
*In 12 months time- you'll own the end-to-end user experience and deliver tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through development and maintain an established cadence of on-time delivery with high-quality work.
- Define and implement the user experience for Couchbase Cloud products
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Partner with product managers, engineers, content authors, and others to oversee the user experience of a product or feature from concept to launch
- Evaluate our current products and recommend improvements
- Effectively communicate expectations for interactive designs with many possible states and manifestations
- Illustrate design ideas with storyboards, process flows, information architecture, and sitemaps
- Develop wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs to solve customer needs
- Conduct user surveys, usability tests, and gather feedback
- Perform A/B testing to improve effectiveness
- Maintain and evolve style guide
- Validate developed features and enhancements
- 3 years of experience designing delightful SaaS or similar products
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss user interactions within complex systems, databases, and cloud product offerings
- You love to design and build delightful and accessible user experiences using web technologies
- Are great at what you do and want to work with peers who challenge you
- You are kind and collaborative
- You enjoy working remote with people from all over the world
- You care deeply about software quality and operability, and better ways of building software
- Value clear, open communication. We value thoughtful feedback, regular dialogue, and collaboration as fundamental skills on our team.
At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers a high-performance, flexible and scalable modern database that runs across the data center and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on.
As a 2020 Bay Area Best Places to Work winner, Couchbase recognizes the need for time off when you need it. Enjoy unlimited DTO, matching 401K contributions, ESPP and many other amazing benefits. See more of our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Learn more about Couchbase and our technical capabilities: