As a UX/UI designer for our marketing web properties, you will join a team that creates innovative experiences to attract, engage and convert using design thinking principles. In this role you will drive the design system for our websites, improving the experience and working collaboratively with stakeholders, creatives, developers and data strategists throughout the lifecycle of various projects. Your work with Penn Foster will play a key role in improving people's lives through education
Essential Job Functions:
- Contribute to the overall marketing web design direction and strategy for the family of Penn Foster Brands
- Lead multiple projects through research, design, testing & validation, communication, and implementation each quarter/cycle
- Gather and evaluate user feedback and requirements in collaboration with requestors, the web experience team and developers to enhance the user experience
- Partner with the brand, marketing and product teams on the ongoing development and evolution of our brand standards
- Produce and manage design assets for use by development team--Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like.
- Review UI to ensure proper implementation
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Maintain the website design system - Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Partner with web experience team in conducting usability testing
- Occasionally, conduct competitor and customer analysis in partnership with marketing and product
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 5-7 years of relevant experience and success in a Product Design, User Experience (UX) Design, or similar role with an emphasis on web
- Expert experience owning large-scale projects, determining level of effort, and executing designs
- Expert ability to drive the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
- Expert level communication skills
- Experience working with and managing third party vendors
- Experience working with remote teams, strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed
- Experience in UX related tools and products such as: Axure, XD, Sketch and Figma
- Ability to understand users and their needs through research and feedback
- Ability to develop personas, customer journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes.
- The ability to push new ideas forward in support of creating the best experience for our users
- A strong voice for UX and user first design within the company and an advocate for our learners
- For consideration, an online portfolio or samples of your work are required. We would love to see:
- Insight-driven conceptual work.
- Work that improved the web user experience.
- Projects you are very proud of!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Penn Foster we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that embraces and celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
At Penn Foster, we are dedicated to helping over 300,000 students each year achieve their goals through affordable, accessible, career-focused learning. Our mission has remained the same since 1890: to enhance the lives of our students and clients through the acquisition of skills and credentials that can help them work toward their career and life goals. Together with our extensive partner network of leading employers, community-based organizations, and academic institutions, we close skills gaps and are building a workforce that’s prepared for the future job market. We aim to help businesses thrive by mobilizing their individual workers and energizing communities with opportunities for growth and progress. We are proud to play a role in the success of over 80% percent of our graduates that see improvement within their careers, as they inspire us to keep finding new ways to further our reach and broaden horizons. Join the Penn Foster movement and start working toward a better future today.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive base salary, plus a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, generous paid time off, sponsored volunteer opportunities, parking & commuter benefits, a 401K with a company match, plus free access to all of our online programs.