As a UX Designer at Matillion, you will support the successful delivery of innovative SaaS data products by producing best-in-class user experiences — from research and ideation through to both UX and UI.
Working in an agile, co-creative environment, learning from other Designers, POs, PM’s, PMM’s and Engineers, you’ll play a key part in bringing new products and features to market — ensuring the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
You’ll contribute to the progression and maintenance of UX/UI standards, guidelines and systems, creating a foundation for consistent innovation as our team scales into the future.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct generative research to gain an understanding of customer needs, gains/pains and mental models
- Analyse and leverage customer data and insight to influence and validate product opportunities
- Participate in consensus-building, discovery and ideation workshops / design sprints
- Perform evaluative research to validate design decisions with customers before launching them
- Incorporate feedback from internal / external users as part of an iterative design process
- Perform heuristic analysis of competitor products
- Visualise and communicate UX concepts, journeys and flows
- Create sketches, wireframes, prototypes and other interaction design deliverables
- Create visually stunning interfaces, adhering to brand guidelines to create consistent, memorable experiences
- Achieve measurable product results and learnings through Lean UX Design (product analytics, usability testing, user interviews)
User Experience Maturity
- Nurture and maintain a progressive design system and culture
- Represent UX Design in agile / scrum cadences
- Collaboratively solicit and provide design feedback to improve the quality of all UX Design output
- Dedicate time to your own professional development, supported by internal / external opportunities and relationships
What we are looking for
- 3+ years end-to-end product (UX-UI) design experience (or you’re really good)
- Experience designing software products
- Experience in user research techniques, persona creation / JTBD framework
- Proven skills in ideation, sketching, wireframing, workshops, user flows, storytelling techniques, information architecture and visual design
- Fluency with modern visual design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision etc.
- Experience contributing to / maintaining design systems
- Visually literate with a keen design aesthetic
You must be able to demonstrate
- Experience in agile environments and collaboration with engineers
- Design Thinking
- Iterative product design and adaptability
- Design Systems experience, or at the least appreciation
- Design industry trends
- Highly collaborative and proactive nature
- Appetite for working in an environment of continuous learning while being accountable for your own workload, prioritisation and delivery
- Comfortable learning new technology concepts
- Passionate about transforming complex problems into intuitive user experiences
- Fantastic communication abilities (interpersonal, verbal, written, digital whiteboard, slides!)
- Great time management and ability to balance multiple initiatives effectively
- Fast and proactive learner
- Results oriented
- Seeks and responds well to feedback
Customer Obsession is one of Matillion’s core values; coupled with our own likeness to our technically-sophisticated users, this enabled the early, rapid growth of our highly technical product. As we upscale to define the future of our market, we must grow our innovation capabilities. This means evolving Matillion’s newly founded design department, increasing UX maturity to unlock opportunities that drive our organisation forward.
This creates a truly unique challenge for passionate problem-solvers inspired by the opportunity to make their mark on something far greater than themselves. We’re cultivating a team of influential design-thinkers to champion user-centric practice and drive innovation in our products, organisation and market. This journey hosts particular opportunities to learn and grow, building up UX in an already industry-pioneering, highly skilled and forward thinking organisation.
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
- A truly flexible & remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 25 days holiday that increases to 30 after 12 months service + bank holidays
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Career development with monthly hackdays and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email email@example.com
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.