Senior UX Designer
Dun & Bradstreet
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we’re so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet’s Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we’re wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you’re looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
The Senior UX Designer will work closely with product teams to create useful, usable and desirable experiences, helping to redefine the Dun & Bradstreet digital experience.
The Senior UX Designer will help define, implement and evolve the enterprise design system, working as an advocate and subject matter expert.
- Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback
- Create user stories, personas and storyboards
- Create prototypes, wireframes and design specifications
- Conduct usability testing
- Design and create prototypes and wireframes for use by stakeholders and developers
- Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis including usability studies
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback from stakeholders and user research
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Interaction Design or similar field
- Skilled in User Experience Design with a portfolio to demonstrate the capabilities
- A user-centric mindset
- Experience working on a product team (ideally utilizing Scrum)
- Attention to detail
- Communication, collaboration and teamwork
- Creative and analytical
- Understanding of interaction design
- Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experience
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here.
View the pay transparency policy here.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.