Senior UX Researcher
At Verkada, we rethink what it means to be physically safe. We build disruptive, out-of-the-box, security solutions that detect action, identify danger, and keep people and places safe. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming a space that has seen little innovation for decades. Today we support thousands of customers and we are only getting started. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect.
Verkada is seeking a UX Research leader to spearhead the foundations of user research and develop an internalized customer voice within our organization. You will be establishing research methodologies and collaborating cross-functionally within our organization to communicate key findings on user needs. We are looking for a driven, self-sufficient leader who has the ability and desire to take full ownership over user research to effectively steer Verkada's cutting-edge product innovation.
- 5+ years of end-to-end UX research experience (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Interest in collaborating with stakeholders across our entire organization to elevate understanding of user research
- Ability to take initiative, implement the foundations of UX research
- Creative storytelling ability
- Bachelor's degree in design-related field
- Define research objectives and create proposals for product teams
- Create personas for our customer-base
- Set up customer reviews for prototypes and new features
- Implement methods to gather information on customer needs (usability testing, surveys, field research, etc.)
- Establish methods you deem impactful for gathering customer feedback for specific products and features
- Present findings to the rest of design team
- Evangelize key insights across the rest of our organization
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.