Lead UX Designer
NuBrakes is on a crusade to transform the auto-repair experience into one that’s modern, customer-centric, and ultra-convenient, all while being more affordable than the lousy shop that we’ve all come to know.
Armed with a tech-first ethos and a distributed team of mobile repair technicians, we save our customers time, travel, money, and a whole lotta headache by servicing their vehicles wherever is most convenient - usually at their home or office.
Backed by > $10M from some of the top early stage investors in the world, including Canvas Ventures and Bling Capital, our mission is to be the most loved, trusted, and reliable company in car care.
We’re looking to rapidly grow our team with values-driven, diverse, and caring professionals to help us make car care delightful.
About the Role
NuBrakes is looking for a talented Lead UX designer to create the digital journey that powers our transformational customer experience. We need your help to design delightful interfaces, experiences, and workflows to solve complex problems on the screen and in the real world.
This is a remote work-from-home position.
- Update the customer website to reflect the innovative and modern nature of our service model.
- Design the real world customer journey we provide - from the first marketing touchpoint, to the interaction with our field technicians, to the post-repair reviews and referrals.
- Create the high fidelity design mockups for our customer facing website, repair estimation tools, job booking flow, technician mobile app, internal tools, and customer communications.
- Learn the ins and outs of our business and the larger auto-repair industry to ensure your designs solve our customers' and technicians' most challenging problems.
- Collaborate on the product roadmap with the Head of Product - you will seek problems to be solved rather than waiting for projects to come to you.
- Conduct competitive analysis, user research, surveys, and usability tests to inform your designs and create high confidence in your solutions.
- Create storyboards, wireframes, user flows, journey maps and prototypes to iterate on concepts collaboratively with engineers, stakeholders and customers.
- Present and communicate concepts to the engineering team, senior, leadership, staff, investors, and partners.
- Maintain and improve the NuBrakes brand, aesthetics, personality and tone.
- Collaborate with product and engineering on A/B and multivariate tests to improve booking conversion rate.
- Assist with testing and design QA of projects built off of your designs.
- Stay up to date on the latest UX trends and apply them to our products.
- Work with the marketing team to design promotional materials such as digital ads, emails, and flyers.
- Be the in-house expert on all things related to user interface, user experience, and design.
- Must have a link to portfolio included.
- 2+ years experience creating and implementing UX design in a business setting
- Proficient with visual design and prototyping software such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, or the Adobe Suite
- Continued education and research into UX trends and current design strategy and technologies
- Professional written and interpersonal skills when communicating with customers and clients
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces for clients
- Ability to manage your own workload effectively without overarching managerial oversight.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects at a time.
- Experience creating storyboards, wireframes, user flows, and journey maps
- Graphic design & illustration skills preferred but not required
- Experience designing native mobile apps and SaaS tools a plus
- Experience with gig economy or mobile workforces is preferable