Our mission is simple - we’re making buildings cheaper and easier to build by transforming the way commercial construction companies buy their materials. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook. Sound exciting? Let’s talk.
Founded in 2018, Agora is now one of the fastest-growing construction technology companies in the world. Construction accounts for $10 trillion in global spend annually and we can’t live without its output - our roads, schools, hospitals, and offices. Despite this, there’s been very little innovation over the past 70 years in how materials - which constitute up to 40% of project costs - are bought and sold. This is our opportunity.
Agora’s growing design team is looking for a passionate, experienced UX researcher who is inquisitive and collaborative. In addition to helping bring a discerning and detail-oriented eye to construction industry processes, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to and shape a rapidly-growing company with your talent and passion.
Do you love taking on challenging and meaningful projects that will have a positive impact on one of the largest industries in the world? Agora is building some of the best material-purchasing tools for construction and could use your help! We are looking for a dedicated UX researcher to conduct primary and secondary research for a variety of customers. The ideal candidate will be able to design, gather and synthesize research as well as work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to make use of the research gathered.
- Demonstrated proficiency in experimental design and data gathering from users
- Previous experience with developing customer cohorts and calculating the statistical validity of analyses done
- Design and execution of in-person and remote research projects with users
- Developing and leading presentations based on research recommendations
- 5+ years of experience conducting primary and secondary research
- Working with enterprise software is a plus!
- Self-motivated – Can work independently, especially fully-remotely
- Collaborative – Works well with team members and clients
- Superb verbal and written communication. Able to communicate synchronously or asynchronously and still be clear.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new skills, software, etc
More about Agora
Agora values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.