UX/UI Designer (12-month Contract)
Accedo Broadband (Aust) Pty Ltd
Accedo is looking for a talented, passionate designer to join our Global UX/UI team based in Auckland. This opportunity is a 12 month contract with potential to extend beyond into a full time role.
At Accedo you will be part of a multicultural and multi-disciplined design team delivering feature-rich design and innovative user experiences for smartphones and tablets, Smart TV’s, gaming consoles, VR and other media devices, focussing on video consumption platforms.
The work environment is international and challenging. Your closest teammates will be in Auckland, Sydney, Singapore & Delhi, giving you the chance to evolve your skill set whilst working with new technologies and leading TV broadcasters and media companies. We work in a forward-thinking, agile environment that is based on collaboration, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement.
To excel in this role, you must:
- Be obsessed with design
- Be a natural problem solver
- Never stop learning
We are looking for people who can:
- Design and execute all aspects of interface design
- Design for iOS, Android, Smart TV, STB, Windows, Mac, Web, game consoles, and other media devices
- Be experienced in UX and UI, with capability in other methodologies within HCD/UCD such as service design being highly regarded
- Keep a finger on the pulse of UI & UX design trends
- Clearly communicate design decisions with customers and participate in client feedback sessions
- Work closely with other designers in a team environment
- Work closely with developers to implement the highest quality designs
- Occasionally, develop sales and marketing collateral in digital and print media for Accedo’s corporate use
The best thing about us:
- We are a multicultural, dynamic team with creative professionals from around the world, inspiring and motivating on all design aspects
- We work on the bleeding edge of technology, designing for literally ALL platforms available in the market (iOS, Android, Windows, smart TVs, Apple TV, Roku, Voice Platforms, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality…)
- We have a great office located in the trendy centre of Grey Lynn, Auckland. And are currently working in a strong remote environment with the rest of the APAC team.
- We believe in career growth and development and will support learning across all disciplines
- We host frequent staff social events that get us out of the office to enjoy some fun in the beautiful surrounds of Auckland
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Design or related disciplines
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience in UI, UX, visual design, mobile or web, (agency experience preferred)
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch & Adobe Suite is mandatory
- A keen interest in developing UX skills such as research, analysis, wireframing, prototyping, usability testing, focus groups, workshops & stakeholder sessions.
- Exceptional understanding of typography
- Exceptional sense of colour, imagery, icons, other design elements
- Exceptional understanding of scale and contrast, balance and hierarchy
- Great communication skills in English, both oral and written, a good listener
- Experience with assisting clients in making design decisions
- A team-oriented collaborator mindset
- Patience in process and error
- Great time management and organizational skills
It would be an advantage to have:
- Experience in advanced UX skills such as prototyping, user research & usability testing
- Knowledge in prototyping tools such as InVision, XD, Figma, Zeplin
- Experience in designing for TV, set top box or game console platforms
- Up-to-date with the latest design guidelines from iOS & Android
- Short notice
Where do I sign up?!
If you are interested in joining our UX team, please submit your CV and portfolio. NO candidates will be considered without a portfolio.
For further information about Accedo, please visit our website: http://www.accedo.tv/anz
All the information received will be kept in strict confidence and will only be used for employment-related purposes.