Founded in 2016, OneDome is on a mission to transform the buying and selling property experience for consumers and property service businesses in the UK.
Our property technology is an end-to-end platform that helps consumers with their property search and purchase, while our B2B products empower property professionals to adapt to their customers’ changing needs.
Millions of people participate in property transactions every year in the UK. In most cases, it’s a stressful and unpleasant process held up by outdated, admin-heavy and labour-intensive processes. We are changing this experience forever using data, powerful digital technology, and an innovative business model.
With offices in London and Kiev, we are a young, fast-growing, well-funded start-up ready to reshape the property industry to better reflect the consumer demands of the 21st Century.
So, that’s what we do, and here’s who we are…
We are obsessive simplifiers: we go into great detail to find ways to deliver a simple experience for our home movers. We relentlessly seek out ways of making it easier to get over the home purchase finishing line.
We are strong believers in what we do: we are excited about having an opportunity to fix one of the most stressful experiences in a consumer’s life, as well as help people complete their most crucial acquisition free of any stress.
Our values reflect our journey and our ways of working…
Entrepreneurship: we are dreamers and hard workers. We have to be - building a startup to fix one of life’s most stressful events requires hard work, stamina, responsibility of ownership, and persistence.
Transparency: transparency is at the core of our products and we believe that this will make the process more efficient for everybody. We have a strong dislike for opaqueness and complexity and prefer to keep things simple and transparent.
Collaboration: we believe in collaboration and teamwork. Property transactions are a collaborative effort between all key stakeholders and so is our approach to improving it.
We’re in a period of explosive growth and now have an exciting opportunity available for a Lead Product Designer, to take responsibility for design across the company. You will be focusing on the UX and UI of our market-disrupting products, along with leading the design team and managing and coaching junior members of the team.
What will you be doing, day-to-day?
- Participate in UX/UI lifecycle: conducting research, translating research insights into ideas, and finally designing the workflows and complex interactions to bring the products to life
- Work with the product team to identify opportunities for product improvements and to understand priorities and product requirements
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly identify viability, then create the detailed level designs to be turned into product changes
- Work with the engineering team to ensure that designs are technically achievable, and that the final product meets your requirements
- Make sure that designs are consistent across our suite of products
- Own the company's design system
- Mentor junior designers
- Work with marketing to help define our visual communication
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- 3+ years of experience working in UX or UI design on a digital product
- Experience with B2B and B2C products
- Appreciation of the product development process, from problem-solving through to detailed UI
- Fluency with visual and interaction design tools such as Sketch, InVision
- Excellent communication of design work supported by an understanding of business needs
- Degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Competency with HTML/CSS and ability to work within a highly technical environment, as well as good understanding of technical requirements and limitations
- Experience with designing marketplace and/or SaaS products, or;
- Design experience gained in an agency environment
- Experience in/with tech startups
- Ability to collaborate proactively with different teams across the company
- Specific experience of property marketplaces would be highly beneficial, but is not essential
What do we offer?
As well as competitive salaries, we offer our people a range of flexible working options, a challenging, supportive and (in normal times!) social environment, generous share options and constant personal development. If you’re ambitious, driven and highly analytical, data obsessed and allergic to the word ‘no’, come and join us on our mission to change the property market for good.
All our roles are currently remote, and there’s the option to continue with this in the mix, but we are usually based at our office in Westminster.