Lead UX Designer
Founded by Julien Bonneville, CEO and Robert Schmidt, CRO in 2015, TheGuarantors empowers renters with smarter solutions to take control of their financial future.
We are an innovator and a pioneer in the insurance and technology industry. We have received accolades for our specialty products and excellent customer service.
In the last 3 years, we have achieved 250% year-over-year growth and successfully raised $15M in a Series B. Currently, we are expanding our footprint nationwide.
We are backed by VCs who have also invested in LinkedIn and Slack amongst others.
As a User Experience designer, you will be responsible for designing a flexible user experience framework that will enable us to evolve and transform our products as we exploit rapid learning, and experiment with and optimize business models. You will be responsible for constantly improving our customer experience and internal efficiencies and workflows. You will work collaboratively with our customers, business, product and engineering teams to create, refine, and explore ways to build effective workflow and scale our products.
We are looking for a talented and experienced User Experience design leader with exceptional problem-solving abilities, clear communication skills, and solid design instincts who can translate business needs into fantastic customer-focused solutions.
What You'll Do Day-to-Day
- Create user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, voice of the customer, user journeys, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications to Product and Engineering teams, as well as business stakeholders and executive leadership
- Incorporate customer feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into design
- Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and design specifications
- Perform metrics analysis post-launch to inform design/UX optimization efforts
- Collaborate with stakeholders including engineering, product, underwriting, sales and marketing to understand business and user needs
Why We'll Love You
- 5+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar
- Experience in a high velocity agile environment, from ideation to testing.Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Abstract and Zeplin
- Experience designing applications with multiple user touch points with specialty in web design
- Expertise in UX performance optimization using qualitative and quantitative assessment
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
TheGuarantors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our commitment: We are a collaborative, diverse, and passionate team of professionals. We are dedicated to innovation and empowering our employees.
Recognition: We are recognized in Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer 2020, CNBC (2018 Upstart 100), CRETEch (#1 Information & Intelligence in Finance), and listed on the 2019 Insurtech 100.
Remote work: All our roles are 100% remote which allows the flexibility for our employees as we navigate the recent changes to our work environments due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Partnerships: We have partnerships with USVets.org, alumni organizations, universities, and colleges.
Accommodations: We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations. If you require assistance or an accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.