Want to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding Silicon Valley-based start-up? This could be the ideal opportunity to see your career on the fast-track to success. Backed by leading investors like Menlo Ventures , Y-Combinator and Accel Partners, Prodigal grew nearly 10-fold over the last year due to rapidly increasing demand for our products.
In order to build on this momentum, we are looking for a bunch of exceptionally talented individuals to join our core team to help us in our expansion journey. With products tailored to the financial services industry, Prodigal’s AI-powered tools offer actionable and relevant intelligence that aims to maximize collection revenues, enhance operational efficiency and minimize compliance risk for lenders and debt collections agencies.
About the Role
If you are passionate about designing next-gen software applications that solve problems that matter and wow the users with the simplicity and ease of use, this job is for you. We are looking to add a rockstar Senior Product Designer to our team! As a Senior Product Designer, you are expected to own the design work in one or more product streams, and work hands-on to ensure a clean, minimal and engaging user experience on our web and mobile applications.
What will you be doing?
- Define, design, review, test and specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks and tools for developer experiences. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- Tracking user engagement data, validating mock-ups with users and doing usability study for analyzing user experience and defining the UX strategy to continuously improve the user experience.
- Understanding user persona in-depth and developing a strong user empathy.
- Working closely with Product Managers, Engineers and QA team to ensure high quality and timely delivery of features
- Collaborate with fellow designers to seek and provide feedback on work, ensure a high degree of quality, and build a cohesive UX for the product.
- Be enthusiastic to present the work to validate it, and at the same time evangelize user centered design, and user experience in general.
- Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels
What you should have?
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision-makers, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with clean, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrates technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Exceptional visual design, typography, and user experience design skills
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and has experience running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies
- Holds a passion for feedback and the ability to provide useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Ability to solve complex problem and present it as a simple and elegant experience in the product
- Experience designing and evolving web-based services and/or application software in a fast-past environment
- The ideal candidate has 2+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or development (preferably B2B SaaS)
- Experience with agile development processes and entrepreneurial attitude towards getting things done
- Hands on with tools like Figma, Invision, Balsamiq, Sketch/Photoshop for wireframing and design
- Health Insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Sponsorship and support for any training materials, books, courses, exam fees for upskilling yourself in areas related to your role
- Generous leave policy
From day 1, Prodigal has been defined by talented, humble, and hungry leaders and we want this mindset and culture to continue to blossom from top to bottom in the company. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to work in a fast-paced, intellectually-stimulating environment where you will be pushed to grow, then please reach out because we are looking to build a transformational company that reinvents one of the biggest industries in the US.