Senior Product Designer
Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason we’re projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when we’re surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? We’d love to chat.
Yardline, part of the Thrasio family, partners closely with the businesses we fund to help our sellers achieve their definition of success. Because we work exclusively with e-commerce entrepreneurs, we value team members who approach their role with the same growth mindset you need to build an online business. Our colleagues are driven, self-starting visionaries with a tackle-it-all attitude. They clearly understand their endgame and want to bring the team along for the win. If this sounds like you, read on.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious senior level product designer to deliver innovative, differentiated, and compelling designs for an emerging economy: platform and marketplace e-commerce sellers. As Yardline's Senior Product Designer and reporting into the Yardline Head of UX/UI, you will take charge of the entire design process from initial research, ideation, concepting, detailed design, to testing and validation while using strong story-telling and presentation skills to facilitate conversations and build consensus for human-centered solutions in all phases of the product development lifecycle.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Understand the goals, desires, and preferences of all of the end users and partners while balancing business strategy and the capabilities of technology.
- Participate in and lead the discovery and ideation process for ongoing features and product enhancements. Provide feedback, ask questions, and propose solutions. Solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Create flows, wireframes, and clickable prototypes for review and refinement. Run concept validation and usability testing sessions. Translate wireframes into well-thought-out interfaces, high fidelity mockups, and elegant and intuitive interactions/animations.
- Develop and expand on the design system and work closely with the engineers who use it innovating and refining our existing design patterns. Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of a user-centered design process to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Create effective documentation to describe all variations of a feature's design and prep design deliverables for handoff to engineering.
- Work with engineering and product managers to ship the best possible product by the release date. Create design solutions that can scale up and down, and be released in multiple versions.
What You Bring to the Party
- Start-up, FinTech, SaaS and/or E-Commerce experience
- 5+ years of product design experience
- A strong portfolio
- Experience with standard design and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, XD, Abstract, InVision, Zeplin, Miro etc.)
- Ability to manage and contribute to multiple projects concurrently
- You have executive presence and can present work in a clear manner that is curated appropriately to the audience
- Experience as a main contributor to multiple high impact projects
- Demonstrated ability to think at a high level about product strategy but also act tactically with speed and precision
- Proactive initiative that identifies problems and acts on opportunities to improve the product offering
Not sure you check every box?
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folx tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.