At VanMoof, we want our digital experience to be as iconic as our product design. As a Product Designer, your focus will be to work with internal users – from our Bike Doctors to Customer Support Specialists – to create the tools and systems that will empower us to deliver next-level service to our riders. Working with our Design and Development teams, you'll help us to define what's next and bring those ideas to life.
We're on a mission to get the next billion on bikes, and we're building an innovative team of Designers and Developers to help us transform that ambition into a reality. You'll be responsible for designing the VanMoof experience of our internal users. You'll work with the Design team to translate strategy into reality, making sure that every solution perfectly balances business requirements, technical capabilities, and our internal users' needs. We'll expect you to deliver designs that are accessible, system-oriented, and delightful to use.
Our ideal candidate is organized, is able to effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders and users to define problems and deliver creative solutions. You'll stay up-to-date with best practices and emerging trends in design and technology, and you're always eager to learn and improve within your role.
What you’ll do:
- You'll work with stakeholders to understand requirements and provide appropriate and inspiring solutions.
- You'll carry out research to refine our executions.
- You'll help the Product team understand our user needs.
- You'll design for one of our Product teams, and see ideas through from ideation to completion.
- You'll deliver architectural, interaction, and visual design information about each product.
- You'll effectively communicate with our Developers (specifications, prototypes, assets, etc.) to bring your designs to life.
- You'll work closely with our Experience Designers, Product Owners, and Developers.
What you'll bring:
- You have a degree in design or in a related behavioral science discipline.
- You have between one to three years of experience in a product-oriented role.
- You're proficient with design and prototyping tools (Adobe CC, Figma, Miro, etc.).
- You understand the capabilities and limitations of web technologies and mobile operating systems.
- You have extensive knowledge of design patterns and conventions for web and mobile operating systems.
- You have a proven track record of working with (agile) software engineering teams to ensure accurate, high quality design implementation.
- You have excellent English language communication skills.
Extremely nice to have:
- Excellent visual design skills, perfecting everything from pixels to micro-transitions
- Ability to create illustrations that are both technically accurate and friendly
- Ability to write a strong first draft of microcopy
What you’ll get:
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Pension plan with Brand New Day
- Bi-annual performance awards (subject to individual and company results)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.