Senior UX Designer
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the P&C world and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer-centric.
Have a passion for creating useful, usable, desirable omnichannel experiences? Desire to execute efficient, standards-based, scalable solutions? Do you thrive with the challenge of designing for multiple enterprise platforms – Salesforce, ServiceNow, SharePoint, etc.? If so, this role might be right for you.
Our Business Technology team is looking for a Sr UX Designer who will focus on interaction design and user experience of our web and mobile enterprise applications. We are looking for a motivated individual with enterprise application design experience (preferably on the Salesforce platform). The individual will help define, design, and execute our various business applications within the standards and constraints of the enterprise platform. You will have a tremendous opportunity to influence the experience across multiple platforms/projects targeting internal and external users.
- Design simple and intuitive user experiences keeping the user personas in the middle of every design decision
- Own all aspects of design - IA, user flows, wireframes, and mockups (based on previously established style guides).
- Identify the research needs and partner with the team to conduct interviews, user journeys and, more importantly, gather active user feedback before, after, and during development to help foster the data-driven design culture.
- Contribute, manage and continue to build out our design systems. Promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards via the design systems.
- Have 5+ years of experience with (enterprise) user experience design and application development.
- Have a degree in Human-computer interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, or a related field. A graduate degree is a plus.
- The successful candidate will have a portfolio that illustrates the processes and artifacts that demonstrate the designer's role in bringing the product and user needs together.
- Experience and knowledge of using Salesforce products are a plus.
- Proficient in relevant design tools – Figma, Sketch, Adobe products, InVision, and Miro
- The ideal candidate will share our core values: COLLEGIALITY, INTEGRITY, and RATIONALITY.
- Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
- Integrity - We insist on honest relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
- Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and continuously seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.