Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
At projekt202, we solve our clients’ business challenges by creating experiences that engage, innovate, disrupt and delight. Our team is passionate about human-centric experience strategy, design and development and enjoys delivering amazing concepts and digital solutions for our clients. We have fun and enjoy hanging out with each other in a culture that supports and celebrates our diverse talents, backgrounds and skills.
*You put users at the center of every decision
*You listen, learn and lead
*You ask “Why” and “What if?” You can often be heard saying “Yes and…”
*You are flexible, collaborative and welcome differing perspectives
*You thrive in uncharted territory and push at your comfort zones
*You lead in a way that inspires your colleagues and earns the respect of our clients
*You are an authentic, personable communicator.
The Lead Experience Designer works to establish and drive the creative vision of a project. This role is responsible for the execution and delivery of creative design deliverables while directly collaborating with Experience Researchers, Technologists, and other UX Designers.
You are a match if you…
Are a strong, well-rounded designer that is comfortable giving creative direction and supports creative mentorship of other designers on the project team. You are able to confidently articulate how the design solution answers user needs, business goals, technical constraints, and other project facets. And ultimately, you are accountable for the production of high-quality, innovative design solutions.
What are you responsible for?
- Work collaboratively with other design disciplines to ensure continuity, leverage other
- specializations, and maintain holistic perspective
- Collaborate with Design Researchers on translating research findings into
- potential design solutions
- Analyze products and create various product research deliverables (i.e. heuristic evaluation, competitive analysis, stakeholder interviews, etc.)
- Work with client and project team to gather user/design requirements
- Participate in opportunity brainstorming and prioritization
- Lead the preparation of design deliverables by shaping the experience direction into design solutions and specific tasks
- Holds holistic experience goals in mind when designing
- Explores creative solutions and innovates in a consistent manner
- Ensure quality of experience deliverables and presentations
- Ensures quality of own work and that of others on the project is in line with methodology, best practice, trends, company standards and SOW
- Delivers solutions on time for internal reviews with Experience Director
- Presents experience solutions to clients with well-articulated and relevant rationale
- Reviews project responsibilities and timelines, anticipating challenges and opportunities to exceed expectations within the project budget fields, documents and ensures resolution of client/vendor questions, requests and concerns via appropriate projekt202 team members
- Mentors other designers through demonstration and clear process explanation
- Effectively communicates projekt202’s value in pre-sales activities such as networking and works directly with project leadership to shape the project vision
- Shares their point of view regarding industry trends with the team and confidently
- Uses relevant opinions and past experience to help clients understand complex design principles and project needs
Qualifications and Requirements
- 7+ years professional experience with interaction, information architecture, and visual design for software user interfaces
- A portfolio is required
- Understands and can communicate effectively regarding UX design process, methods and rationale
- Abreast of UI design best practices, trends and techniques
- General understanding of user research techniques and their value in the design process
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Expertise in standard UX design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Figma, Abstract, and the like is a must
- Positive attitude, proactive and able to effectively motivate others
- Problem solver and negotiator
- An empathic listener with strong communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and solid attention to detail
If this sounds like you, let's talk. Please visit www.projekt202.com to learn more about our methodology and culture to see why you should join us on this amazing journey.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Direct applicants only, no agency submittals please.
At this time, projekt202 does not provide sponsorship.