Senior UX Designer
The Senior UI/UX Designer will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade e-commerce systems on top desktop and mobile platforms. The Senior UI/UX Designer is responsible for bringing concepts to reality through the use of various visualization practices such as wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
- Articulate ideas, design solutions, brainstorm and collaborate with Designers, Business Owners, Product Managers, Developers and other stakeholders to determine user interface needs
- Develop UX/UI documentation such as site outlines, process flows, sketches, scenarios, personas, wireframes and navigation models for web, desktop, and mobile applications to define functionality and user behavior
- Provide mentorship to associate and mid-level designers
- Participate in hiring, onboarding and instilling processes to help build the design culture
- Possess a good working knowledge about emerging user interface / interaction design standards and best practices
- Use a data-driven approach and being able to translate insights into design solutions
- Partner with our Development Team to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation
- Review applications throughout the development lifecycle to ensure integrity of information architecture and usability guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thinking of design at a holistic, systematic level vs an elemental standpoint
- Experience designing complex flows and user journeys
- Demonstrates ability to drive projects forward with little to no supervision
- Provides support to less experienced team members
- Experience with A/B testing
- Advanced knowledge and experience of static wireframes, lo-fi prototypes, and hi-fi interactive prototypes of the user experience as part of a user centered design process
- Experience designing for mobile platforms
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products
- Consistently provide accurate estimates without reducing quality
- Ability to cut through ambiguity and use good organizational skills
- A passion for being the voice of the user and a proven track-record building user-centric solutions
- Demonstrated experience using best practices for web and mobile information architecture and design
Generally Requires the Following a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience as a UX/UI Designer. A portfolio demonstrating experience with complex applications.
Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Design, or Information Science, or UI/UX Design or related field required, or equivalent work experience.
iHerb is a leading global e-commerce retailer with an emphasis on providing an exceptional selection of nutritional and wellness products for the past 25 years. With over 30,000 products shipped to over 180 countries, we provide the best overall value for natural products through an innovative and efficient supply chain process.
Our teams have a strong sense of commitment and pride in their work, which has allowed us to grow, even during the recent pandemic. At iHerb, our purpose is to empower people to enhance their health, happiness, and well-being — that starts with valuing our team members by providing a positive work environment with competitive benefits. Our five shared values unite our team members across the globe and provide a stable foundation. These values speak to who we are, the culture we’re building, and how every single team member contributes to our larger company vision.
iHerb's Shared Values
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly · Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.