Senior UX Researcher
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. We're seeking an experienced Senior UX Researcher to join our Ecommerce team.
As our resident UX Researcher, you will be responsible for managing and leading research that informs and validates design decisions across multiple problem spaces. You will be a trusted partner who brings strategic and actionable insights into how we ideate, build, and iterate our best-in-class digital products and experiences. You’ll apply your knowledge in a wide range of research methodologies and be responsible for exploring user needs, behaviors and motivations. You’ll be an important advocate for our customers, as we continuously iterate and enhance the Away shopping experience. This role will report to the Director of User Experience.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
As a great candidate for this role, you have:
- 5+ years of UX research experience (through a combination of industry experience and/or graduate studies in a relevant field)
- A collaborative attitude, with experience working across disciplines and with multiple stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge and plenty of practical experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methods, tools and services.
- The ability to quickly tailor and design effective, appropriate research approaches within constraints.
- Experience running end-to-end research projects that help define best practices, fill in knowledge gaps, and drive initiatives forward.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A natural curiosity and strong drive to learn new things, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit and agile mindset.
- An interest and/or experience in the Ecommerce space.
- You’re a team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- You’re passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
After joining Away, you will:
- Conceive and manage research projects from start to finish, including study design, recruiting, research execution, synthesis, and reporting.
- Lead impactful and meaningful research projects across the entire shopping experience.
- Partner with cross-functional teammates from design, product, data, marketing, and engineering to identify, plan, and execute tactical and foundational research.
- Translate qualitative and quantitative findings into actionable recommendations for the team–including journey maps, archetypes, principles, considerations, etc.
- Leverage your research insights to help inform roadmap priorities and strategy decisions.
- Have access to analytics and A/B testing capabilities as additional tools to help inform your research plans, as well as strengthen and validate your insights.
- Build and manage a proactive UX research program that strengthens our design process and improves our web and overall omnichannel experience.
- Support day-to-day work via design feedback and iterative testing.
- Leverage your knowledge of a variety of qualitative and quantitative methodologies to support the wider team’s research objectives.
- Be able to experiment with innovative ways to gain new insights about our customer journeys to help inform business decisions.
- Lead UX benchmarking efforts and to assess how the design is progressing over time and where we can improve.
- Manage and plan the annual UX research budget.
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.