Product Design Intern
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The product design team at Braze is looking for an intern who will work alongside a design mentor embedded within a cross-functional product team. You will be expected to be an active contributor to our growing design and UX research community. By the end of the internship, you will have contributed to a project or feature that will directly impact our customers. If you are up to this challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
WHO YOU ARE
- Recent graduate majoring in graphic design, UI/UX design, HCI (or related field) OR just getting started in your product design career
- Contain foundational knowledge on how well designed experiences come to life
- Passionate about designing for users and strong believer in the importance of user research
- Intellectually curious and always attempting to seek out additional knowledge and viewpoints
- Ability to effectively articulate design decisions and the rationale behind them
- Strong portfolio that highlights an iterative design process and critical thinking
- Experience with design and prototyping software such as Sketch, Adobe xD, Figma, and InVision
- Bonus Points:
- Proficient in G Suite (Doc, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Knowledge of Looker/BI Software
- Experience working in SaaS or startup environment
- Prior internship experience in mobile app design, UI/UX design or UX Research
- Super bonus if you are familiar with data structures or have a technical background
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work alongside other product designers and learn about the product development process at Braze.
- Participate in customer conversations, script development, and other research activities.
- Design prototypes, participate in design reviews, and communicate design ideas to the rest of the team (including product managers and engineers).
- An internship tailored towards your professional interests and growth areas as they relate to the fields of product design and user experience
- Support with developing and sharpening your portfolio
- Compensation for your hard work and many contributions
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.