Head of Design
Yilu — backed by Lufthansa Group — is on a mission to make traveling truly seamless. Yilu is a powerful B2B platform empowering the world’s leading travel brands to build more functional and personalised user frontends than ever before. With the aim of creating an incredibly reliable travel experience, we are offering connected services and accompanying our travellers throughout their journey!
We are looking for a Head of Design to join our motivated team in Berlin
- Define bold, long-term vision for our products and services, and motivate teams and individual designers to achieve them;
- Lead UX and visual design team to constantly improve user experience and satisfaction with our products;
- Oversee concept development and assume hands-on strategic design role in ideation, planning and mapping for our product direction;
- Collaborate with C-level stakeholders to develop product strategy and create business impact;
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure wide contribution to feature development;
- Identify, develop and maintain best practices to be pursued within the design team;
- Be detail-oriented but result-focused: keeping an eye on the overall outcome and desired impact, while maintaining a high standard of work;
- Provide quality control during the agile process and for our design outputs and production;
- Inspire, grow & teach fellow designers to be the best versions of themselves.
- 7+ years of proven design experience in a product startup or agency;
- 3+ years of experience in managing a high-performing team;
- Excellent UX skills and knowhow plus deep strategic design insights;
- Strong understanding of how product, brand, and user research work together;
- A portfolio of work demonstrating strong human-centered design capabilities across a diverse range of projects is a must;
- High design and quality standards, with proven experience from digital products and services;
- Experience both with frontend consumer facing applications and designing neat user interactions for backend business users;
- Excited to contribute and take ownership at an early stage of a company;
- Experience conceiving and iterating product features based on data, analytics, and strategy;
- Knowledge with working with agile/Scrum is a bonus;
- Fluency in English is a must, German is a plus.
What we offer
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing multinational team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation;
- Centrally located office in Mitte, with great access to great food and transport connections;
- Autonomous and empowering culture with high degree of creative freedom;
- Extensive opportunities for professional growth and the chance to impact the success of the company;
- Honest communication, combining thoughtfulness and pragmatism;
- Competitive compensation with benefits;
- Hardware of your choice to make the magic happen!