UX Research Lead
UX @ Guidewire
Love solving sticky problems? Excited about crafting innovative solutions for global software? Interested in working on products that touch everyone’s lives? We’re a close-knit and multidisciplinary UX team working to make cloud software that is at the forefront of the insurance industry. We’re committed to building an inclusive workspace that embraces people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills, and talents.
Our team tackles a variety of domains within Property and Casualty insurance, from [building and managing continuous integrations for various cloud products to claims to big data and analytics].We consider design a team sport where, together with our colleagues, we strategically solve for business realities and execute on innovative and scalable solutions for both enterprise and customer facing applications.
- Identify where insight is most needed by analyzing customer data, industry trends, project needs and business goals, to plan and scope research activities.
- Synthesize research data into actionable design opportunities and strategic recommendations to support project objectives and business goals, including writing reports and delivering presentations.
- Develop a research strategy and roadmap to support the product development process.
- Plan and conduct practical and impactful research throughout the entire product cycle, including usability sessions, field research, user interviews, and other qualitative methods.
- Assist product managers and UX designers with user research preparation activities.
- Lead and facilitate collaborative stakeholder workshops to identify opportunities based on research insights.
- Organize and maintain an archive of research activities, results and insights that can easily be shared with product stakeholders and the user experience team.
- Cultivate user empathy by translating research into compelling stories of how users of our solutions think, feel and behave.
- Collaborating with UX team to ensure alignment to research strategy and cross-train UX designers on research best practices.
- Be an evangelist for user research.
What you need to be successful:
- 7+ years of experience conducting different types of user research for enterprise applications on a variety of platforms.
- Experience interacting with large project teams and senior-level business stakeholders.
- Ability to use different synthesis frameworks to curate research insights into strategic opportunities.
- Experience mentoring and/or managing a team of researchers and/or user experience designers.
- Excellent research moderation skills.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience facilitating collaboration and engagement among cross-disciplinary teams.
How we work @ Guidewire
- Collaboration: We build on each other’s ideas and draw on interdisciplinary approaches to craft impactful experiences.
- Integrity: We stand behind our words and commitments as part of a global community, respecting and recognizing our interdependence.
- Curiosity: We are lifelong learners, with a growth mindset, who are passionate about advancing our discipline through entertaining new ideas and unique perspectives.
- Humility: We leverage our expertise while respecting other viewpoints and challenging our own assumptions.
We have teams from California to Poland, so we're looking for someone who can work across those time zones. Physical location is not as important as the ability to overlap hours with our different locations.
We have a work environment that encourages individual initiative, experiments with new ideas for continuous improvement, and lets great people do great work by minimizing the hassles of hierarchy and bureaucracy. We are very selective when asking new people to join our group, but we can promise a friendly collegial environment that will challenge and grow your skills and abilities.
When applying, be sure to provide a URL to your portfolio; we want to see examples of your work.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.