Senior UX/UI Designer
Design Group Italia
We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join our multidisciplinary team working in the crossroads of digital and physical products, spaces, and experiences.
Design Group Italia is a design agency based in Milan, with offices also in New York and Reykjavik. Our close-knit, multicultural team of 75 professionals works globally with Fortune 500 companies and progressive start-ups alike, designing innovative solutions that become part of the everyday life of millions of people all around the world.
At Design Group Italia, UX/UI designers do not only work on digital interfaces. Instead, they design the interactions between people, products, and services throughout the entire experience, across channels and touchpoints that go well beyond the usual desktop and app.
Now, we are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to set the vision for our growing digital team in Milan.
What you’ll do
- Interact directly with clients to understand their needs and to plan the scopes of the projects
- Follow the complete lifecycle of a design project, from drafting the initial proposal to managing the resources and making sure that the best possible results are delivered on time
- Understand users through interviews, observations, workshops (online or in-person) and create requirements for products with an eye on the business and technical needs, too
- Generate design solutions, from the initial sketches to the final interactive prototype
- Test the solutions with users to validate or find ways to improve the design
- Present your designs to the team and the client, communicating your research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Contribute to interdisciplinary project teams that include a wide range of professionals, from industrial product designers to lighting designers, from food designers to psychologists, mechanical engineers, business and brand strategists, and developers.
What you’ll bring
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on digital products
- Very good knowledge of both spoken and written English: we work globally, and our team is multicultural, too.
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- A good eye for details and a passion for beautiful, coherent, and clean UI design
- Up-to-date knowledge of the necessary tools: we use Miro, Figma, Adobe CC, but you are free to use others too
Nice to have
- Technical knowledge of the development process for web and mobile apps: we won't expect you to write code, but you will need to be able to dialogue with developers efficiently.
- Experience in managing design teams
- Experience in creating and facilitating Design Thinking and co-creation workshops
What we offer
- A multicultural environment where everyone is welcome to express their ideas
- An informal workplace, without badges or dress codes
- An office in the heart of Milan, with plenty of space for both sharing ideas with teammates, and for quiet focusing
- Competitive salary based on your experience
- Support for your personal growth with courses and certifications
- The latest Apple laptops and all the tools you need to make excellent work
- Remote-friendly approach: feel free to work from home or in the office as you prefer (Note: we expect you to attend important client meetings in person, if needed and agreed upon)
- Flexible hours: we won’t check if you’re at your desk every day at 9 am. We trust people to manage their time in the best possible way.
- A fully equipped kitchen (and Italian teammates to cook with), and a garden to take a moment to relax or to indulge in an aperitivo after work
- Company-wide events and sharing moments throughout the year (e.g. Pizza Fridays)
How to apply
To apply, please send your up-to-date CV, a brief cover letter, and a link to your personal portfolio (we prefer custom-made, original websites over PDFs and Behance – show us what you can do!) to email@example.com with 'Senior UX/UI Designer' marked on the subject field.