Senior Product Designer
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
8x8, the world’s #1 cloud communication company, is at the forefront of bringing modern, cloud-based communications, collaboration and customer engagement solutions to SMB and Enterprise companies across the globe. We are looking for a Product Designer to support delivering experiences across our cloud communications portfolio - Admin, Agent, Supervisor, Mobile and Desktop apps.
We expect for our future colleague to be highly collaborative and committed to creating user-centered customer experiences with a passion for turning complexity into simplicity.
- Use design thinking to drive cross functional alignment and use storytelling to inspire the team and the organization about the team’s vision and problems we are solving
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess viability, and design the workflows and fine-grained details of interactions
- Create end-to-end detailed design deliverables as a series of experience maps, storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Creating usability tests to validate design
- Collaborating with user researchers to define and conduct user research to truly understand our customers and users’ goals and needs
- Focus on key challenges turning research into meaningful insights
- Coordinating and integrating the work of fellow designers for a seamless and unified experience
- Synthesize, create and contribute to reusable design patterns and libraries across products/company.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experienced in a similar SaaS UX/Product design role or other related design field.
- Are excited about driving business outcomes while solving user pain points and know how to find the right balance
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work closely and effectively with Product Management and Engineering leaders, and other UX professionals
- Are excited about working across a wide range of problem areas and constantly tackling new challenges
- Experience partnering with Product to envision long term product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Are comfortable operating in a fast paced environment and ambiguous problem spaces
- You use data and research to inform your design decisions and are able to assess the impact of your designs with quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to communicate design ideas, via user journeys, process flows, interactive prototypes, wireframes and other UX deliverables.
- A portfolio of work showing us iterated design showing a great crafted user experience.
- Proficient with design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Framer) to produce wireframes and high-fidelity interactive prototypes
- Experienced in user testing.
- Experience working with product teams and engineers within an agile framework environment.
- Be able to priorities and manage work, working to multiple timelines.
- Have a high level of initiative and a “make it work” ethos.
- Continually looking to learn and grow as a designer.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates taking ownership of issues through to resolution.
- Ability to work across time-zones with team members.
- Excels working in a fast-paced environment.
For the Recruitment Process:
- Have a portfolio showing compelling and quality design as well as a track record of driving design forward
- 25 annual leave days. Additional vacation of 1 leave day for every 2 complete years of employment (max. up to 5 days)
- Participation in the company’s bonus scheme – based on company
- Private Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Healthcare
- Meal Tickets
- Telecom allowance
- New born allowance
- Christmas and Easter Allowance
- Gym membership
- Employee engagement activities and events
- Learning and training initiatives
- Flexible working schedule
- Restricted stock unit: generous grant of stocks that you receive when singing with us, enabling you to own a part of the company
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognized on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 International and the Cluj office look like check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.