Senior UX Designer
Teladoc Health is transforming how people access and experience healthcare. Recognized as the world leader in virtual care, we are partnering with over a thousand clients to serve hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day. Teladoc Health offers a whole person virtual care platform that empowers all people everywhere to live their healthiest lives by transforming the healthcare experience, from acute and primary care to chronic care, mental health, and specialty care. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized, and timely health signals for our members. This approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better healthcare experience for people everywhere.
We are looking for a Sr. UX Visual Designer to join our growing User Experience team! You will be a part of a nascent team within Teladoc Health designing and delivering the next generation of telehealth experiences across a wide array of platforms (web, mobile/tablet, kiosk, robots!!!). The Sr. UX Visual Designer will be responsible for working with various product leads in partnership with the UX/UI Director to create, define and refine the visual experiences.
Make no mistake, this is a company in the midst of a big pivot to user-centric product development and design, which is a change that comes with a lot of challenges. However, the reward is that you are getting in on the ground floor for an opportunity to help define how a leading telehealth company approaches UX and design moving forward in an industry full of incredible opportunities.
- Facilitate the design and delivery of all elements, interactions, and decisions that add value to the total user experience across products (web, mobile/tablet, kiosk, robots) within existing design system, and brand requirements
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams including Product Managers, Software Leads, Engineers, Developers, Marketing and various healthcare partners and vendors
- Interface with customers for product demonstrations on as needed basis
- Integrate user, technical, marketing and business perspectives to design experiences that are both easy and a joy to use
- Interpret research insights to visualize concepts quickly and cleanly through sketching and other rapid prototyping methods
- Implement design standards and guidelines across all deliverables
- Participates in quality assurance checks throughout production process
- Work closely with user experience research (UXR) specialists and designers to formulate the product concept, interface design, and content presentation
- Work collaboratively with designers to define components, patterns, page types and templates for production
- Take on additional design projects as required to support design deliverables from the UX team
- Needs to be competent in all facets of the design process and exceptionally talented and skilled in Interaction and Information Architecture Design with the ability to delight the customer
- Has ability to work self-guided and/or collaboratively with a cross functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills with minimal need for oversight
- Have a meticulous sense of detail and an ability to create simple solutions to solve complex design challenges
- Possess a thorough understanding of typography, gestalt, composition and layout principles
- Strong familiarity with all aspects of user centered design methodology and process
- Knowledge and active interest in contemporary principles, best practices and accessibility standards (Section 508, WCAG) for visual designs
- Assist in creation and management of design system
- Demonstrated ability to design complex, coordinated user interfaces and interactions for a variety of platform needs
- Hands-on mastery of visual design deliverables, including asset organization and delivery to technology and translating UI designs and communicating design requirements effectively
- Ability to facilitate ideation sessions, exploring alternate design options in order to discover optimal solutions
- Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in design related field or equivalent experience
- 5-8+ years of experience in UX/UI design (preferably within a UX team)
- Expertise in native platform: iOS and Android as well as responsive design
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.