Senior UX Designer
Calibrate’s mission is to change the way the world treats weight. We’re defining a new category in metabolic health that mirrors what the research shows—that weight reflects our biology, not our willpower. Our program was designed by world leaders in obesity and nutrition science to improve metabolic health and drive long-term weight loss that’s impactful, realistic, and sustainable.
Obesity is America’s underlying pandemic and largest category of chronic disease, and Calibrate is closing the gap in care for 175mm adults in a $600bn market where we spend millions of dollars each year and do not lose millions of pounds.
To bring Calibrate to everyone who needs it, we’re building the first telemedicine business within the healthcare ecosystem, aligning incentives for consumers, doctors, insurers, and pharmaceutical companies. We’ve built a proprietary Vertical Pharmacy Engine to connect our members to the most efficient path to insurance coverage, paving the way for a new model of chronic disease care.
Calibrate’s first product, the One-Year Metabolic Reset, brings decades of clinical research directly to consumers through a virtual program combining FDA-approved prescription medication with intensive lifestyle intervention. The 52-week structured program includes biweekly 1:1 video coaching and curriculum that spans classes, recipes, workouts, and more. A purpose-built app enables daily tracking of food, energy level, weight, and bi-weekly goals and helps members interact with their Coaching and Medical teams, while a members’ group and events calendar create additional opportunities to tap into the Calibrate community.
Calibrate’s recently launched Masters Program keeps members engaged and supported in their metabolic health beyond their first year with the same evidence-based approach that defines Calibrate’s One-Year Metabolic Reset, at a lower cost. The result is a program that sustains and builds on members’ results with improved whole-body health that enables them to embrace a new day-to-day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Product and UX Designer to join our fast-growing team to help us develop and execute our product vision across a wide range of products, including:
- Our consumer facing application (mobile and web) to engage and change behaviors to improve weight health
- AIl telehealth communication platforms (chat, video, phone) between patients and providers
- Doctor and coaching internal platform that helps our team efficiently deliver the right care to the right members at the right time
- Growth product and infrastructure to drive sales from initial ad campaigns through conversion
The ideal candidate is as passionate about creating seamless customer experiences as they are about solving complex infrastructure problems with elegant solutions. In this role, you will work closely with product and engineering teams to plan, architect, build and own our highly scalable systems and bring our products and vision to life.
- Conceptualize and design creative for website, member mobile and web apps, and internal systems
- Understand and identify user needs, and leverage them to guide ideation and define product requirements
- Develop user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to inform ideation and validation
- Help drive usability research to validate design decisions, interpreting feedback with critical hypotheses, and flexibility to adapt based on learnings
- Collaborate with creative, marketing, product, and engineering team members to ensure consistency across platforms and assets
- Be a champion for inspiring and intuitive user experiences - inspiring and nurturing creativity at Calibrate, and constantly raising the bar for excellence!
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience working on rapid release cycle environment and partnered with product managers and engineering teams to define and ship features quickly
- Demonstrated strategic thinking that balance engineering and product needs without sacrificing the integrity of design
- Fluency in modern web technologies and understand the fundamentals of front-end development
- An obsession with details
- Deep experience with design thinking methodologies
- Thrive in a in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, with a bias for action
- Experience with Figma and front-end programming
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Calibrate launched Summer 2020, and in 18 months has raised $127.6mm in funding from leading healthcare and consumer investors, including Founders Fund, Tiger Global, Forerunner Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Optum Ventures, and Redesign Health. Our team helped build businesses at the intersection of technology, consumer, and healthcare, including Athenahealth, Capsule, Flatiron Health, Harry’s, One Medical, Galileo, PillPack, Rent the Runway, and more. Our Clinical Advisors include Donna Ryan, the past President of the World Obesity Federation, and Darriush Mozafarrian, cardiologist and Dean at the Tufts Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
Calibrate is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives to deliver real results for our members.
At Calibrate, we’re committed to our vision of putting our members and our teammates in control of their health. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary with opportunity for equity in an early stage, high growth business
- Generous paid time off
- Calibrate-funded health benefits (medical, dental, vision) - starting at zero cost to you
- One Medical membership and Teladoc virtual care
- Fertility, gynecology, and wellness services through Kindbody
- Therapy on your time with three free months of Talkspace membership
- Health advocacy and assistance services through Health Advocate
- Commuter benefits, ClassPass memberships, and gym memberships for post-pandemic life
- NYC-based with opportunities to be fully remote
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave for parents
We’re in it together: We have an audacious mission, and we’re building a lot of things for the first time — from the first DTC pharma business within the healthcare ecosystem to the data infrastructure for providing real-world evidence in the largest category of chronic disease. It takes superpowers to build something simple and intuitive within the complex healthcare market, so we identify and work as a team from our individual points of strength. Not everyone has to be good at everything, but we know that when we harness what we’re each great at, we’re unstoppable.
Small wins create big wins: We ground every experience in optimism, recognizing and celebrating successes along the way. We break projects down into smaller components. And we focus on where we have momentum. We always plan for larger goals with the knowledge that our plans will evolve as we achieve smaller milestones.
You’re in control: While we’re headquartered in New York, we don’t let location stand in the way of the best talent — and from coaches to engineers, many of us are fully remote. Our business is multi-faceted, so each Calibrater is hired to be an expert in their piece of it — in control of their own initiatives, in control of their own impact, and in control of driving their own (real) results.
Real results matter: We’re obsessed with outcomes because when our members win, we win, and the data proves that we’ve built the best metabolic health program on the market. We’re purposeful, optimistic, and relentlessly confident that we can solve the biggest medical issue of the 21st century.
Calibrate recruits, employs, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law and as a matter of our company values.