Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the role
Coda is looking for our first UX researcher to accommodate our growing research needs and help us shape a research program and strategy across the company.
At Coda we are designing a surface that enables makers to create rich and powerful solutions using basic metaphors and common design patterns found in simple document creation software. It is an exciting app that comes with an extremely challenging set of product questions. You will research and test how to break down powerful, abstract programming and data concepts into experiences anyone can digest.
Coda is used by over 25 thousand teams and we're still early in our journey. Joining our team as our first researcher means you can help establish the research role at Coda.
In this role you will:
- Help establish the research program and strategy
- Work with sales, product and design leaders across the company to identify the most impactful research opportunities
- Identify the best method or mix of methods (including surveys, usability tests, A/B testing, interviews) based on research questions, timeline and resourcing
- Summarize your findings and translate into applicable suggestions that inform planning and fuel ideation
- Help the company build awareness of the research function by sharing findings in meaningful ways
- Mentor product managers and designers on the team to build their own research expertise
- Be a company expert in the domain of research
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- You have experience working firsthand with product designers and product teams
- You ask hard questions and challenge assumptions to ensure that your team is solving the right problems
- You enjoy not only uncovering insights but translating insights into product changes
- You have a portfolio both of research insights you helped uncover and the product changes that resulted from the insights
- You enjoy playing with new productivity apps
- You have 3+ years of relevant research or design experience
How we care for our Codans!
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.