Staff Product Designer
Ramp is building the world's first finance automation platform designed to save businesses time and money. Ramp offers 5-in-1 software that consolidates corporate cards, expense management, bill payments, accounting, and reporting into one simple and free solution. More than 2,000 businesses are using Ramp for over $1 billion in annualized transaction volume, from some of the fastest growing startups and unicorns like Ro, DoNotPay, Better, ClickUp, and Applied Intuition, to established businesses across the US including Bristol Hospice, Walther Farms, Douglas Elliman, and Planned Parenthood.
Founded in 2019 Ramp is NYC's fastest growing startup, having achieved a unicorn valuation of $3.9 billion in just over 2 years. Ramp has raised $620 million in funding from investors including Founders Fund, Stripe, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Venture and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. Ramp is part of the Forbes Fintech 50 and Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators program.
About the Role
We seek a Senior / Staff Product Designer motivated by the opportunity to deliver exceptional experiences for our customers and help define our vision as a product design team—a ground floor opportunity in a design-driven company. Join a hyper-collaborative design team and get autonomy, ownership, and significant impact across the entire product, brand, and marketing. You will evolve our design process and develop a diverse team that champions our users’ voices and ships incredible experiences every day.
What You'll Do
- Own and lead design across all disciplines for large parts of our product, from idea to launch.
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team to evolve our product vision, design systems, and brand guidelines.
- Advocate for the user and contribute to high-level strategic decisions that shape our roadmap.
- Create prototypes and dive into user-feedback, UX research, and data to identify points of friction and opportunities for improvement.
- Continuously iterate on our core product to provide more value to them.
- Collaborate across various business functions to bring our product, brand, and experience to life.
- Actively participate in all stages of our agile design process, including contributing to story creation, weekly standups, etc.
- Contribute and develop our internal design internship program, where you will mentor the next generation of product designers.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 5 years of tech/startup or digital product agency experience
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Strong portfolio and ability to speak through design decisions & tradeoffs
- Extraordinary visual design skills
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software
- Strong background in visual/interaction design, UX/UI, branding & identity, and typography
- Owning products from start to finish, working with developers and PMs
- Strong understanding of UX principles and workflows
- Ability to research, ideate and define the vision for projects within their unit
- Ability to design and build high fidelity prototypes for testing
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Mastery of Product Design software (Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- 401k (including employer match)
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual education reimbursement
- Relocation support