SimpleLegal is the leading legal operations management platform for the modern legal department. General Counsel, Chief Legal Officers, and legal operations professionals deserve a system of record, designed specifically to address the business process challenges faced by modern corporate legal departments. Sales has Salesforce. Marketing has HubSpot. Legal has SimpleLegal. At SimpleLegal, you’ll contribute towards building a platform that’s not only easy-to-use but one that unifies all legal matters and connects relevant data and applications to truly transform the way legal teams operate and are managed.
Where do you fit?
The SimpleLegal product team has an immediate opening for a Product Designer. We need thoughtful, talented, multi-faceted user experience designers who love empowering technology users with high quality interaction and visual design to bring their creative ideas and their hard work to join our team. This highly visible position will play a key role in creating dramatic and impactful change at a company that is committed to becoming a light unto others when it comes to user experience design. You might have learned your craft via formal training or via on-the-job training. For most candidates, it’s a combination of both. As long as you’ve got experience and passion doing this work at the highest level, we’d love to talk to you and see a portfolio of the work you’re most proud of.
- Work closely with product management to understand and conduct user research on our customers and prospects
- Use empathy to imagine creative ways we can make our customer’s work lives dramatically better
- Partner closely with fellow designers and engineers to innovate by designing coherent, seamless, and emotionally resonant, state-of-the-art user experiences for our customers
- Work with customers to get feedback on designs to find out where you’ve improved their lives and where iteration is needed
- Work on complex user journeys within the platform
- Learn, grow, and be challenged.
- Help build and grow a human centric, design culture
- Support product, engineering and QA during development and launches
- Document and communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions clearly and effectively to multidisciplinary teams through written, visual, and verbal means
Expertise you will bring:
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or other design related field
- 2-3 years of B2C or B2B SaaS Enterprise application design experience (not creative or website development)
- Proficiency with design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision or Zeplin
- Minimalistic, modern, and clean design sensibilities
- Solid foundation in UX and UI design principles
- Practitioner of Lean UX
- Strong collaboration, communication, and presentation skills
- Team player. Ability to make tough compromises if and when needed
- A strong portfolio demonstrating design thinking, problem solving, hands-on creativity, and overall design competence
Nice to have:
- Hands-on proficiency with creating/maintaining Design Systems
- Proficiency with usability analytics tools
- Front end HTML/CSS hands-on development
- Data visualization skills
Experience comes in different forms and we understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. A clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment is more important than your resume. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Come shape the legal department of the future.
At SimpleLegal, we celebrate innovation, accountability, and diversity. We are disrupting the corporate legal technology space and believe diverse perspectives will drive continued success. Are you ready to be a part of something big? You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: ownership mindset, connect with the person, outcomes over effort, and simplifying complexity. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company.
SimpleLegal is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About SimpleLegal SimpleLegal is a legal tech enterprise SaaS startup run by experienced founders, based in Mountain View, CA. We’ve created a software platform to run in-house legal operations. As a well-funded startup with a diversified customer base and meaningful revenue, we are bringing corporate legal teams into the modern age. Sales has Salesforce, Marketing has HubSpot, Legal has SimpleLegal. In May of 2019, SimpleLegal joined the Onit family as of an expansion to offer solutions to the leading companies around the world.
SimpleLegal recently combined with Onit to disrupt the legal operations landscape, with offices in Mountain View, Houston, and Austin. We’re here to build a world-class product that our customers love, that has the best support of any software product they use, in an environment that celebrates company and personal success. We believe that opportunity exists in the legal industry to build that company. We believe that we can build the next great enterprise platform faster and better than anyone else. We offer competitive compensation and benefits in a fun working environment. Dental, medical, catered lunches, game nights to get to know your coworkers, and more.