Senior Product Designer
Hey there! As Groove's Senior Product Designer, you will be a major contributor to creating intelligent and elegant software. Let's cut to the chase...
- Partner with the Product Managers, Engineers, Sales, Customer Success and Marketing to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new products and services.
- Turn complex problems into simple, elegant flows and interactions for small, medium and large businesses across different industries.
- Inform product strategy and execution with leadership team that is functionally competitive while easy to use.
- Create storyboards and plan activity scenarios, flow, and sequences.
- Establish new visual design systems or work within existing ones.
- Sweat the details and get excited to polish designs until they feel just right.
- Welcome new challenges that push your design chops to new heights.
- Practice open, candid feedback with cross-disciplinary partners.
- Translate knowledge and insight into action.
- Comfortable making calls in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity.
The team is looking for these qualities:
- You're a craftsperson at heart, and you can distill complicated problems into simple and intuitive solutions.
- Hands-on design experience building and shipping through multiple product cycles.
- Customer obsessed, self-managing problem solver, accountable and acts like an owner.
- Ability to plan, perform and distill your own user testing sessions.
- Self-organized, with a strong attention to detail, able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Comfortable developing prototypes and exploring a range of concepts to fit customer use cases.
- Have a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry and penchant for hierarchy.
- Ability to clearly express the reasoning behind your decisions.
- Strong communicator and visual storyteller.
- You want to work on a team of curious, candid and compassionate souls.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience as a seasoned designer.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Full medical, dental, vision coverage
- $3000 annual education stipend (books, classes, conferences, etc)
- Monthly public transportation stipend ($100 debit card for pub trans)
- Unlimited vacation days
What we're building
Our sales communication platform enables sales teams to understand and improve the impact of all the sales activities across their organization. Groove extends CRM and turns it into system that actually serves its users. Using Groove reveals how sales activities relate to business results. Our breakthrough activity tracking technology silently picks up hard facts and gives sales manager unprecedented quantity and quality insights. We believe that gathering meaningful CRM data must not come at the expense of user productivity. Thus Groove equips sales reps with cutting edge sales sales tools that help them to drive more business and close deals faster.
We got our start in 2014 in San Francisco when three former Google employees set out to solve a problem. Even though they had ample resources at Google, they couldn’t find the right solutions that would allow the sales team do their best work. Reps had to balance personalizing communication with making a high quantity of outreach attempts — and all the data entry that goes with it. They knew there had to be a better way.
We believe in inclusivity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.