Senior UX Researcher
Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. One of Europe's fastest-growing startups, we are now the world's leading D2C sleep brand. In 2020 our revenue grew from €150 to €405 million. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep. And we want your help to pull it off.
But Emma isn't for everyone. We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We don't want average, we want high-performers who chase growth and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
Senior UX Researcher
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Combine strategic visioning and analytical activity, moving between macro trends and micro trends in Emma Product systems and experiences, and developing empirically substantiated point of views
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Plan and execute rigorous end-to-end custom primary research using the right methodology (qualitative methods), and distil data-informed recommendations through the lens of business impact and user experience
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways to a broad and diverse audience including executive stakeholders, and across organisational boundaries
- Act as a thought leader in research, while advocating for people who use our products
- Deliver actionable research insights that make our product experiences measurably better
- Ph.D. or Masters in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or Political Science or related fields with empirical research experience
- 5+ years' experience conducting qualitative research in a corporate environment, including concept-testing, usability, interviews, diary studies, contextual inquiry/observations, ethnography
- Experience with in-person research
- Experience working with small to very large sample sizes
- Experience conveying research findings and implications to diverse audiences (incl. diverse functions, seniority, and through different research artefacts)
- Impeccable research rigour and experience delivering polished outputs
- Analytical, project management, and problem-solving experience
- Experience with autonomy and independent decision making to weigh tradeoffs and balance demands
- Experience conducting research on Products with Global impact and different markets
- Experience with survey design, sampling, deployment and analysis
- Experience mentoring other researchers
Become an Emmie
At Emma, you'll be joining a highly ambitious company on a global mission to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry. Ready to work hard and help us get there? Directly apply through our application portal and become part of our exceptional team.
Emma proudly celebrates diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Information regarding COVID-19: Your application will continue to be processed as usual by our recruiting team. All interviews take place via video call or phone.