Senior Product Designer
Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As a Senior Product Designer, you'll be responsible for the usability and look-and-feel of multiple Quorum products from the beginning (user research, personas, and more) to the end (design system implementation, proposing and executing on epics, and more). You’ll work alongside other designers, product managers, and software engineers to improve our users’ experience using our products.
- You have at least five (5) years of full-time professional experience working in digital product design (e.g., UX/UI Designer, Product Designer) at a software company or design agency where software product design is a core function
- You have a strong, up-to-date online professional portfolio showcasing at least three (3) case studies explaining why and how you have solved product design challenges
- You are excited about driving core usability improvements to products and can speak to situations where you’ve moved the needle on usability in the past
- You’ll stand out if you have working knowledge of how to implement your designs in CSS and HTML—and you mention that in a cover letter or resume
- You’re an especially strong candidate if you have experience updating or using a Design System for Product Development
- You are dedicated to finding out what users are struggling with and how to solve those issues to deliver the best possible user experience
- You think intentionally about stakeholder management and building consensus for your ideas across multiple functions
- And, of course, you take pride in designing beautiful and functional products
About the Product Team
- We’re a fast-growing team that is dedicated to improving our people, processes, and platform and putting our users first
- The product team includes product management, project management, user experience, design, and user research. Product works to understand customer and market needs and to design and deliver world-class solutions that meet those needs
- We’re very close as a team and invest not only in each others’ skills and careers but also in building real relationships with one another: product development is a team sport and we believe that it’s better (and more fun) to work on a team of people that you know well and care about
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You’ll learn about Quorum’s many products, users, and the public affairs world. You’ll start learning about the Development Team’s processes and the Design Function’s processes.
- First Month: You’ll begin maintaining the Design System and the Storefront. You’ll slowly take over more and more ownership of epic design work within your products.
- First 6 months: You’ll own several epics involving Design with the Design Process. This means planning, researching, prototyping, creating wireframes, creating mock-ups, handing off to developers, and QA’ing and testing the builds, as well as final development support as needed to launch a feature.
- First year: You’ll take full ownership over the usability and look-and-feel of multiple Quorum products and watch with pride as users learn and use your products more successfully.
Our Work Environment
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office. During the COVID-19 pandemic, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until at least January 3, 2022, but team members are currently welcome to work out of our office in person until that time.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting.
Base Salary: $110,000 - $150,000 (commensurate with experience)
Benefits: 401(k), trans-inclusive healthcare, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.