Senior UX Designer
Apply for this job
Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year.
At the heart of Issuu is the Issuu Story Cloud, a suite of advanced features designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (and more). Create once, share everywhere with Issuu!
We are looking for a Sr. UX Designer to join our team out of our Braga, Portugal, office. This candidate will lead the design of major components of the user experience that scale across multiple products, integrations, and end-to-end scenarios.
What You Will Be Doing
- Conceive end-to-end design strategies across a user's journey,
- Establish a vision through simple, elegant designs,
- Evolve and invent new visual and interaction designs based on experience requirements, brand guidelines and user needs,
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, marketing, product managers, development teams,
- An active contributor and participator in group critique and constant iterative improvement,
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time, workflow and expectations appropriately,
- Advocate for design excellence and usability.
What You Bring With You
- 5+ years experience in product or UX design and 2+ years in delivering SaaS products to market,
- Impressive portfolio of modern and progressive UI architecture, interaction and visual designs,
- Self-initiated achievements that show an ability to work through and across organizational lines,
- Excellent ability to present and explain solutions and decisions to partners in a style that fosters collaboration and consensus building,
- BA or MA in interaction design, communication design, industrial design, HCI, or equivalent.
The Impact You'll Have
- Improve navigation on Issuu's platform for a world-class experience for users, Foster delightful interactions
- Increase user engagement through a delightful user experience
- Enhance the experience that people have while interacting with Issuu's platform and creating value for users
What You'll Get
- Competitive compensation package
- Meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company
- Health and dental insurance
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position
- Flexible, uncapped paid time off, in addition to company-wide holidays
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry - we ensure that by holding true to our company values of Care, Grit and Learning. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.