Lead Experience Designer
BCG Digital Ventures
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Design Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Design Team consists of world-class business strategists, researchers, product specialists and designers. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
As a Lead Experience Designer, you will use your skills to:
- Inspire DV leadership and multi-disciplinary team members with clear communication, hands-on contribution, and strong advocacy for best practices in Experience Design throughout all venture phases
- Leverage ethnographic insights and robust testing techniques to drive design decisions
- Convey team intent with compelling usage of Personas, User-Journeys, and other storytelling frameworks into high-value solutions
- Prototype and test low-to-high fidelity design work
- Lead presentations in highly compelling and engaging manner
- Mentor younger design team members to elevate their craft and professional presence
- Create style guides, templates, and other accelerant frameworks for the design team members
- Create unique products and culturally-relevant solutions to engage users with valuable experiences
- Consider the moments of engagement, or touch-points, between people and brands, as well as the ideas, emotions and memories these moments create
- Implement a cross-discipline perspective that considers multiple aspects of the brand/business/experience and creates a way for businesses to align with design to solve problems
- Translate strategic design into controls, mechanisms and processes that users require to meet goals
- Communicate the product’s vision to partners and customers to test and explore venture opportunities
- Develop artifacts or images to make opportunities tangible for multiple audiences
- Identify and collect exemplars and articulate their design logic, benefits and trade-offs
- Participate in visual problem-solving with the Strategic Designers, Venture Architects and Product Managers
- Develop lists of prioritized concepts, wire frames, annotations and UX mapping
- Create design briefs that outline design iterations, prioritized concepts and timelines
- Develop choices around design and user interfaces that allow cross-discipline teams to solve customer pain points and challenges
- Develop initial, low fidelity visual designs for prototypes, as well as information and content strategy that includes graphical representations of quantitative data or other information elements
- Perform wire frame iterations based on feedback from internal reviews and user testing
- Construct quick interactive prototypes that illustrate your UX/UI design: functional with modern effects, animations, and transitions as appropriate, that present a realistic feel of the intended experience
As a Lead Experience Designer, you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in interaction design, HCI, or another relevant design field
- Mastery of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and emergent UX tools
- Expertise in building interactive prototypes to illustrate your own UX & UI design for web sites and mobile apps using modern technologies: from quick prototyping tools such as InVision/Flinto to more detailed prototyping with Origami/Quartz, Xcode, or tools with similar depth
- 5+ years of experience in a start-up environment and exposure to cross-discipline teams, preferably having been a startup founder or in a lead/senior hands-on position designing user experience from conception to minimum viable products to large scale launch & adoption
- A background working directly with developers for the implementation of designs
- BS or MS in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Science
- BS in Computer Science with emphasis on UX development
- BA in Graphic Design with emphasis on UX design
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.