We’re revolutionizing tech hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that allows them to effectively assess technical skills. We're a friendly, motivated, and passionate bunch looking for more smiling faces to join us. We’re growing fast and looking to add to our Product Design team. This position is Full-Time and Remote within the United States.
The Design Team at HackerRank is a tight-knit group of creatives who work closely with product management and engineering to craft amazing experiences for our users.
We’re looking for a UX Researcher to join our team. In this role you’ll work closely with Product Designers, Product Managers and Developers bringing customer insights into every phase of the product development process, ensuring all the stakeholders have the data they need to build the next generation of HackerRank’s customer centric products and services. You’ll have the opportunity to influence product direction and address unmet customer needs in this exciting and rapidly growing space.
Our research work ranges from formative to evaluative studies, to rigorous usability studies, to data analytics. You should have broad skills in user research, product research, and design research methods and a thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative research concepts.
You will be working on:
- Help set the bar for a consumer grade design
- Create a deep understanding and empathy for our target customers through field research, surveys, personas, and other methods that you identify to be most effective
- Work closely and in full collaboration with design, dev, and product teams to identify research topics, and build a research roadmap; communicate and refresh on a regular basis to ensure relevancy
- Ability to identify appropriate methodological framework given the problem space and/or research question
- Ability to independently manage research recruitment and scheduling logistics
- Ability to work within time constraints, shifting and competing priorities and schedules
- Ability to synthesize findings and make design/product recommendations
- Ability to develop metrics that appropriately reflect the user experience quality of a feature, product, or system
- Communicate results and recommendations, and advocate on behalf of our customers
We are looking for:
- 3+ years researching consumer, enterprise and/or mobile user experiences
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting and analytical tools) across multiple products areas and departments
- Experience with storytelling with data, storytelling styles, delivery mechanisms, tools, and visualizations and presenting to cross-functional teams
- An online portfolio or work samples
Benefits & Perks:
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid time off, paid leave for new parents, and flexible work hours
- Employee stock options, 401(k) options, commuter benefits, and cell phone stipend
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,000+ companies across industries and 7M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to hire the best and reduce engineering time. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment on the basis of individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.