Senior UX/UI Designer
Salary range: $110,000 - $130,000 plus super
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing and most successful software companies. Today we help over 150,000 people worldwide to deliver working software to production.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Designer, who has a passion for user-centered design across the user journeys from awareness to adoption for Saas products. As a Senior Designer you will be responsible for conceptualising complex ideas, crafting data-driven user experiences, managing design projects, maintaining the website and creating a range of design collateral for print and digital.
If you have a commitment to excellence, a desire to delight customers, and want to be a member of a fast-growing team, you'll love this position.
A typical week might include:
- Work closely with marketing to identify where design can add value to help increase engagement with customers.
- Conceptualise complex processes and ideas in a graphically simple way to be used in blog posts, landing pages or banner ads.
- Design user experiences and implement designs on octopus.com.
- Think strategically about how each design project fits into the overall strategy of the marketing and design teams.
- Project manage design tasks from briefing to delivery and provide positive interactions with all stakeholders.
- Make html and css changes to the website to keep the brand and content up-to-date.
- Creating email templates that can be used effectively by the marketing team and work across all email clients.
- Collaborating with marketing to produce storyboards, assets and post production work for animated videos.
You will be a great fit for this role if you:
- Currently live within Australia with full working rights.
- Have extensive all-rounder experience in digital marketing.
- Can demonstrate experience in high-quality strategic design work via your portfolio highlighting skills in UX, UI and web and digital design.
- Can contribute to the definition and development of detailed customer experience designs from project inception, through to build and launch.
- Design with the end user in mind to implement and deliver web pages with well crafted experiences and aesthetics.
- Have exceptional design abilities to produce high quality designs for web pages, graphics, infographics, animations, social media campaigns and banner ads.
- The ability to understand complex problems and conceptualise them as simple illustrations and infographics.
- Are highly proficient in tools such as Adobe CC, Figma, Web Storm and Git.
- Can demonstrate strong organizational skills and effective time management abilities.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills that engage stakeholders from all areas of the business.
- Experience with basic video editing or animation is highly desirable.
You will be a great fit for this role if:
- You are able to work independently, motivating yourself to do high-quality work on time.
- You seek to understand the reasons behind the work you are doing, and show initiative through offering valuable insights and problem-solving.
- You are a results-oriented person, someone who is focused on delivering valuable things to your customers, someone who willingly changes direction based on clear and transparent business information, and someone who helps others do the same.
We'd love to hear from you. Please send us your CV and a cover letter telling us about you and why you think you would be a good fit for this role.
We are looking for people who live and work in Australia to join our remote-first team. We are currently unable to provide visa sponsorship.
About the company
We make Octopus Deploy, software that enables teams to deliver working software to production. We've become the "best in class" tool in our category by focusing on doing one thing and doing it very well. Founded in 2012, we have helped 25,000 companies to automate complex deployments, and we employ 120+ wonderful people.
We're a growing, profitable business. Our goal is to build a company that will last forever, while enjoying the journey and doing work that we're proud of. Our business model is all around understanding our customers, building great software, backing it up with great support and customer service, and making it incredibly easy to discover, learn and use. After bootstrapping for a decade, we quietly raised Australia's second-largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD $172M minority investment from Insight Partners.
Most of our team is based in Brisbane, Australia, where the company started, though we've spread to other parts of Australia, the US, NZ and UK. Because our team is distributed, everyone works from home, so we've built a remote-first culture.
We've made our company handbook public, and it's a great guide to how we think about just about everything - including career progression and compensation, our vision and what we care about, how our company is structured, feedback loops, training, remote work and more. Please take a read of our handbook, and reach out if you think there is a good fit.