Lead UI Designer
Hinge Health is pioneering the world’s most patient-centered Digital Musculoskeletal (MSK) Clinic™. Four in five employers and 90% of health plans with a digital MSK solution have chosen Hinge Health. Hinge Health reduces MSK pain, surgeries and opiate use by pairing advanced wearable sensors and computer vision technology with a comprehensive Clinical Care Team of physical therapists, physicians, board-certified health coaches, and more. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 750,000+ in-person providers and enables real-time interventions for elective MSK surgeries, driving proven medical claims reduction.
Available to over 12 million members, Hinge Health is the #1 Digital MSK Clinic with 500+ employer and health plan customers, including Boeing, Salesforce, and US Foods. Hinge Health has raised $426M to date with offices across San Francisco, Austin, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle and more.
We’re hiring! Join us at hingehealth.com/careers
Summary of the role
Mission Driven: We’re looking for a mission-driven individual to join us in creating engaging and effective experiences to empower successful behavioral health change.
Thought Leader: This person will be a thought leader and key contributor within the Design and R+D teams, and will work closely with Engineering, Product, and Clinical teams at Hinge Health.
Craft: You will be responsible for owning and building the foundations of our UI Design language and be a key contributor to our design systems efforts.
Ownership: With ownership for Hinge Health’s look and feel, you will also work cross functionally across other products and shepherd teams through this time of innovation.
Mentorship: You will bring practice improvement, thought leadership, creative thinking, and mentorship for less experienced designers.
Description of an ideal candidate
Craft: Ideal experiences would be in UX, UI, HCI, product design and/or service design for consumer, native mobile and/or web-served apps.
Scale: Proven experience creating and designing UI systems at scale and build UI design language for scale
User Empathy: We’re looking for an individual who always begins with and returns to the end user; is comfortable sketching, prototyping, and iterating quickly to share and validate; can see the "big picture" with a strong desire to continuously improve every detail of our user experience.
Principles: You have a solid command over UX and UI best practices. You bring strength in layout, details, and visual hierarchy to support usability and brand presence.
Leadership: You subtly and effectively use those skills to critique and mentor other designers so we can all grow our skills and design a better product and journey for our users.
We want to make you aware that there continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real HR employees and sending fictitious job offers to applications in a scheme to obtain sensitive information.
Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center.
If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Design Craft
- Craft, lead, and own a scalable UI Design Language across mobile and web.
- Key contributor to creating and scaling Hinge Health’s new design system.
- Design and deliver world-class presentation layer experiences across all of Hinge Health products.
- Contribute to product vision and strategy resulting in emotionally engaging and easy to use experiences.
- Visualize an experience in the abstract to drive vision and alignment across teams.
- Leadership & Mentorship
- Contribute to the larger Design and UX group’s best practices and processes.
- Mentor and grow less experienced designers
- Evangelize and educate about design best practices across the company.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years of experience
- Portfolio that showcases your experience creating compelling new UI design and visual product experiences
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, Human-computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent
- Proven experience creating and shipping net new user interface design at scale
- Expert understanding of visual systems and best practices, including layout, typography and have a curiosity and eye for pushing visual design in interfaces forward
- Experience building and working with design systems, and ability to extend them to scale products in new and bold directions
- Proven ability to communicate deep design thinking at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision; iOS/Android native app patterns, responsive/HTML/CSS design
- Experience collaborating with motion designers and illustrators
- Experience designing for mobile apps or other interactive digital platforms.
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company’s best interest.
- Hustle: We’re creative, we’re unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We’re prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We’re always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don’t waste money and especially not time.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- Flexible PTO
- FSA/HSA accounts
- Family & fertility benefit through Maven Clinic
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Generous mental health stipend
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Hinge Health is an E-verify employer