Senior UX/UI Designer
At Zava we believe in giving people the power and confidence to treat the conditions society judges most. Every day we treat thousands of people across Europe who feel let down by the ‘old’ way of doing healthcare - phone calls, paper prescriptions, bureaucracy, waiting and worrying.
We’re looking for a hybrid UX/UI Designer to join a new cross-functional team focused on building the very heart of our product. We’ve built an online medical platform that connects patients with doctors, pharmacies and test laboratories - providing safe, efficient care to over 2 million patients in 6 countries and counting.
We are an innovative bunch dreaming, researching, testing and prototyping big ideas, designing the products that define the company’s roadmap.
What you’ll do:
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle, working collaboratively in small, multidisciplinary team, cracking complex challenges in digital healthcare. You’ll partner with product owners, researchers, developers, and data analysts to create elegant and practical solutions to customer challenges.
- Build empathy with our customers through research in order to deeply understand them and their needs. With the guidance of our UX research team, you’ll also be responsible for planning, moderating and sharing your own research. Taking those insights into design, prototyping and testing cycles.
- Produce concepts and prototypes at multiple levels, knowing when to create pixel-perfect designs, and when to make simple sketches and prototypes.
- Strive to create a user-focused design culture by communicating user needs to the rest of the team, running regular design workshops, and continually pushing the business to focus on the customer.
Who you are:
- You have at least 3 years designing for web and mobile at a customer-focused company
- You are an incredible designer. You’ve shipped several consumer services and understand what it takes to create amazing, consumer experiences.
- You have a people-focused mentality and are always looking for ways to incorporate user feedback, behaviours and data to hone your designs. You strive to be compassionate, empathetic and understanding with users at every turn.
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to tell compelling stories, continually collaborate, and facilitate workshops.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- You can provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are great for this role while highlighting relevant portfolio examples.
- The opportunity to be the first UX/UI Designer in our newly formed product team, shaping the future of our products and direction of the team.
- Employee share options scheme.
- Very competitive salary, and bonus.
- Flexible training allowance.
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday off.
- Lunch & learns - free lunch and interesting talks.
- Breakfast and snacks included.
What's great about working here:
- Family friendly working environment.
- Chance to impact people's lives by working on something meaningful, health.
- Access to strong customer insight to directly inform your design and measure its success.
- Work alongside a hugely talented team of UX Designers and UX Researchers.
- In a company with a culture of learning.
- A creative workplace, that challenges the status quo and looks for new ways to tackle some of the biggest health challenges.
- We bring our whole selves to work. We love working with people who bring their personality, their experience, and their uniqueness to the team.
- Respect of you and your commitment to being here. An inclusive working environment that is warm and inspiring.