UI/UX Designer Intern
DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional designer to join our New Products business unit. You will be developing the interfaces for two new products: our Certification and Talent product, building a certification system and a careers portal, and the Workspace product, with the mission to improve the way data teams collaborate and share insights together. You’ll be responsible for brainstorming solutions and iterating on visuals and interactions.
We expect you to have a pragmatic mindset and be able to work in a fast-moving environment while juggling many responsibilities. In addition, we expect you are always pro-actively looking for qualitative and quantitative data-driven feedback on your designs, and are open to discuss engineering requirements.
- Make amazing user interfaces that excite our users and help us achieve our business objectives.
- Work with one or more product squads (engineers, data science, product managers) focused on a user-facing area of DataCamp where you will help with the identification of high-impact opportunities, collecting feedback, evaluate impact, …
- Collaborate with the full design team on the general DataCamp design system.
- Work quickly and effectively on multiple projects. Perfection is the enemy of good, and time is money.
What we’re looking for
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant design capabilities.
- Interest in using data and user research to inform design decisions.
- Pragmatic mindset. You do not see product design as an art, but as a way to achieve business goals.
- You perform best in a radical candor type of feedback environment, and you embrace radical truth.
- We design for emotion. We create interfaces that are pleasurable and have meaning, not just usable.
- You can create clickable prototypes.
- We use Figma to create our interfaces and easily collaborate with each other as a team.
- Being able to create your own illustrations is a big plus.
- Past programming experience is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- A well-paid internship where you can learn and gain relevant knowledge of the working field.
- A role at the center of a fast growing SaaS scale-up.
- The opportunity to help build upon a brand new team.
- Flexible working hours.
- The opportunity to join the team full time.
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We’re making Data Science accessible worldwide and are committed to building a global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills as well as creating an inclusive environment for all employees.