StickerYou is a leading global e-commerce company for custom die-cut products such as stickers, labels, decals, temporary tattoos and more. Our proprietary platform infuses automation technology and creativity to empower anyone to make the best custom products in any size, shape and quantity. Business and consumers can make their marketing, packaging, décor or personal expression professional grade. We believe in the enormous power of customization. We are a smart, creative, and passionate group dedicated to growing the most talented and engaging people in Toronto, Canada. We are a global company utilizing software and advanced digital manufacturing. We proudly make custom products locally. We make what matters stick!
As a key member of StickerYou’s growing Design Department, we’re looking for a UI/UX Designer this person will report directly to the Design Director and work collaboratively with other designers and Marketing teams. This new person will work closely with the department head and take on significant responsibility for creating web and print graphics for marketing and site content while adhering to brand guidelines and industry trends and best practices. This person will be challenged to use their critical thinking and problem-solving skills to come up with creative solutions for a variety of projects across different B2C and B2B marketing channels and media platforms.
What you'll do:
- Create end-to-end designs from low-fidelity user interface sketches/wireframes through to high-fidelity pixel perfect visual design mockups and prototypes
- Develop a proficient understanding of StickerYou's product, customers and competition by participating in user research, competitive analysis and other design thinking activities
- Apply user-centered design best practices and methodologies as well as mobile-first/responsive design thinking
- Assisting in creation and application of a universal design system that will be used across all our digital properties and platforms
- Work within tight deadlines without compromising quality
What you bring to the team:
- A strong portfolio of projects which demonstrate creative, user-centered design solutions to moderately complex problems
- 3+ years in UX design or Product design or Visual/UI design
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Design, User Experience or a related field
- High detail-orientation and organizational skills
- Ability to take responsibility for the design of solutions from concept to completion.
- Exceptional design and typography skills,
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively across departments.
- Proficient and effective use of industry-standard UX and UI design tools, including Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and XD, InVision and UXPin
- Understanding of HTML/CSS/JS capabilities and limitations
Key Attributes We Look For:
High Standards: You are organized and self-motivated. You ensure your work adheres to corporate and industry standards.
Problem Solving: You have the ability to view problems from a holistic perspective and focus on finding sustainable and efficient solutions, thinking through possible implications and results from both the business and customer perspective.
Aptitude for learning: You are a quick learner who looks for opportunity to find new and better ways to do things. You are eager to expand your knowledge of accounting and our operations.
Team Player: You communicate openly, timely and in a clear manner any issue with your manager, co-workers and anyone else who needs or uses the information you manage.
Reasons to Work at StickerYou:
- A high-growth hybrid print/technology company
- A fast-changing environment with ample learning and growth opportunities
- Experience with cutting edge e-commerce and customization technology
- Company-wide positive energy and Fun work atmosphere
- Open communication with the leadership team
- Support growth and help expand a global Canadian brand
- Strong corporate vision to make small companies “Better”