Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. After a $260M Series C financing round, we are ready to continue to scale our organization and grow beyond our $1.6B valuation.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture-backed startup based in downtown San Francisco (and since COVID began, fully remote) that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry.
What You'll Do:
- Solve UX problems through well-defined visual designs.
- Use the spirit of the Extend brand to explore new ways of engaging with customers in our products.
- Collaborate closely with designers across product and brand to develop visual design principles for how the brand is expressed in our products.
- Help elevate our visual design strategy for our consumer experiences and ensure visual design excellence.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business, design, and user needs while delivering on the company mission to change the protection plan industry.
- Create original, visually engaging interfaces that are functional and intuitive, as well as transform established wireframes into compelling, scalable visual experiences.
- Develop final mock-ups and/or prototypes to communicate designs to stakeholders and usability tests.
- Help elevate our design community, culture, and processes as we grow as a team.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a visual designer, with a variety of work applied to digital experiences.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a strong foundation in web design, branding, typography, creative conceptualization and visual design.
- A phenomenal communicator with the ability to clearly, optimally, and consistently articulate rationale for design decisions.
- An eye for visual experimentation, and presentation of differing application elements and their effectiveness as far as ease-of-use, intuition, and screen-space optimization are concerned.
- Excellent visual design skills including strong typography and hierarchy understanding.
- Strong attention to detail and organized, production-ready file structure.
- Bonus: Understanding of motion and animation software such as After Effects.
- Bonus: Advertising/marketing experience.
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.