Senior Visual Designer
Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, Boulder, CO, and Chattanooga, TN. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms.
As a Visual Designer at Viget you’ll help our clients concept, design, and launch complex digital experiences and compelling websites. Your work will include all aspects of the design process including discovery, strategy development, UI design, interaction design, and client management. Our visual designers work alongside industry-leading brand strategists, UX strategists, project managers, and developers. In between projects, we share our opinions and write about our methods.
Our Senior Visual Designers:
- Are creative problem solvers and visual storytellers.
- Are trained in the principles of graphic design and have a good foundation of typography, illustration, photography, and iconography to create effective forms of digital communication.
- Have a solid understanding of web design best practices and are skilled in UI design, interaction design, and art direction.
- Are able to translate and extend brand strategies, UX recommendations, and business requirements into innovative design solutions.
- Bring the “wow factor” to projects by helping clients express and reinforce their brand in unique ways that go way beyond aesthetics.
- Understand atomic design principles and can create scalable, flexible visual design systems and UI parts kits that are full of personality.
- Are strong communicators and presenters who routinely articulate design decisions to a variety of audiences.
- Understand that motion is an essential part of interactive design, and ensure that it’s considered.
- Incorporate inclusive design principles and accessibility best practices in their work.
- Are multifaceted and find it exciting that their next project could be a design system, marketing campaign, microsite, or large-scale content website.
- Understand that digital design is fluid, flexible, and adaptive to an ever growing variety of screen sizes, dimensions, and capabilities.
- Are detail oriented, self-motivated multitaskers who consistently meet deadlines and are mindful of budgets and timelines.
- Are interested in continual learning and sharing knowledge with others.
In a given week, our Senior Visual Designers might be:
- Facilitating a workshop with the client’s team, helping to figure out their business goals and project requirements.
- Designing high fidelity design comps to present to stakeholders.
- Creating illustrations and iconography to give their project more personality.
- Developing and documenting a design system for a large CMS-driven website in Figma.
Senior Visual Designers must also:
- Have an online portfolio you can share with us that includes a variety of web and UI design projects.
- Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with visual design.
At this time, we're hoping to hire a senior Visual Designer with 5-7 years experience in digital design.
Viget is an award-winning, full-service digital agency on a mission to build a better digital world. Our team of ambitious, creative, hard-working people are committed to collaborating on challenging, innovative, and meaningful work for inspiring clients like ESPN, AdCouncil, and the World Wildlife Fund. We’re a rare software shop known for prioritizing clean code as much as good design. If you join, you can expect project variety, professional growth, influence on our future (and yours), and teammates who care. More than half our team has been here for 5 years or more — well more than the industry average — which we think is a pretty good success metric. In addition to our collaborative culture, we offer employees competitive compensation and benefits.
How to Apply:
Introduce yourself using the application form. Our recruiter, Erica, will respond typically within a day or two.
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, you can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email email@example.com.